Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N64 Emulation

Options
  • 06-12-2001 10:03pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right! planning to revisit the n64 so just wanted to get your opinions on the following Emu's

1965? nemu? tr64? project64?
    I've downloaded the mario and golden eye roms[although i've heard goldeneye isn't emulated yet??] and don't fancy flutein about with a dozen or so different progs :p

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

come on!:D some of you folks must have tried n64 emu's before!
    if not then why not give them a go and tell me which you think is the best n64 emu around at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I played goldeneye over a year ago on a emulator on the pc(i assume that this is what the emulator section is about). it was ok. i found it next to impossible to control with the keys, and my joystick, as mine always do caused me hassle so it was pretty difficult to play. The game mind you looked ok. every save game took about 25MB, and it crashed continuously. could have been my config, i don't know.

My final verdict, i will search for it again and give it another shot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Cheers for tyhe reply Bullman. Can you remember the name of the emu that you used. Hard to believe your the only person who visits this forum{excludig me} thats ever used an n64 emu:p

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I was using true reality and ultrahle first releases, so didn't bother relying because at that stage they only really played demos well, oh and Mario 64 to some extent.

I used ultrahle, at the time. But if i recall it was quite difficult to get games for it. now with morpheus it may be easier, i am looking into it now, myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I got Zelda and played it on Nemu, it sucked. Half the time there was a big white blob on the screen and it was too confusing.

anyone wanna post some links to N64 rom sites?

the rom links are very unstable, try using morpheus or something like that to get the roms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

i got myself the nemu a year ago and its impossible to find n64 roms and i'm dieing a go of Zelda. can ya give some links plz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

if you can be bothered playing with the keyboard / pc joystick, then get the adaptoid - http://www.wishtech.com . you can plug your N64 pad into the pc through a usb port!! i got one last year and it works for pc games too, (not just emu's). i even played counter-strike with goldeneye controls!

• Advertisement
Advertisement