Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

auction in belfast with some tasty treats...

Options
  • 25-10-2017 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Apologies if this is against the norm.
    I heard on the radio this morning (chris moyles on Radiox) about an auction in belfast tomorrow.
    Some great stuff in it, outrun sit in, dragons lair 2 , mini pac man, pins, etc.

If i had the money i'd buy the lot :)
    Might be of interest to someone , maybe the lads in token could get the outrun machine ;)

http://https://www.wilsonsauctions.com/upcoming-auctions?category=Online%20Auctions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭geotrig

From whats being said they struggle with sticks on a std cab imagine what it would be like on an outrun dlx or tron ! Saying that it would be if they got games of that caliber. I'd defo make my way up and leave the kids outside !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I was considering bidding the Waltzer cart but the auction is being advertised all over the world, I don't think there will be any bargains had there especially with the 20% buyers premium and online bidders admin fee of £42

all the stuff belonged to Martin Fillery
    and here is how he lost it and 8 years of his life:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cannabis-factory-nuclear-bunker-martin-fillery-plamen-nguyen-ross-winter-british-army-regional-a7889556.html
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-40901622

You can see more of his collection here, he didn't exactly keep a low profile:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2434843/Girlfriend-forces-sci-fi-nut-42-sell-16ft-replica-Star-Wars-Imperial-Walker---says-hell-use-money-buy-MORE-geeky-toys-collection.html

formally owner of bigboystoys.com http://www.dailymotion.com/www_bigboystoys_com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

sorry lads, didn't realise it was such a big auction with media attention.
    Shame, some nice stuff there...

Would love the back to the future pinball too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I was told about it a good few weeks ago but its after getting some serious attention the last while.

Few great bits but theres about buyers premium + VAT to go on every hammer price.

According to someone who was up there, they have people from america interested and all. I was going to go up and bid in person but its a £500 deposit to bid so I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

This was on last night. There were zero deals to be had, here's a list of final prices from the UKvac page. All in pounds aswell.

Shoot Out
    Tron
    Revenge From Mars Pin
    Aqua Jet
    Baby Pac Man
    BTTF Pin
    Escape from the Lost World Pin
    Jurassic Park
    Kings Castle
    The Big Shot
    Star Wars Cockpit
    Dragons Lair II
    Crystal Maze
    Space Ace
    Arctic Thunder
    Vector Pin
    Badlands
    Battlezone
    Dragons Lair
    Batman Driving
    Prop Cycle
    Paper Boy
    Outrun Deluxe (screen not working)

Some of these prices are so much more than they are worth its ridiculous. Back to the Future pin is about double of what I could buy one for right now. Glad I didn't make the trip now

you forgot the £868 rough condition vectrex :eek:
    Most the Cabs were mamed or loads of non original parts(Monitors, boards, etc).
    I heard the paperboy had a PC, LCD screen, no original wiring and poorly applied decals, not worth much at all.
    Also the gob****e buying the Storm Trooper for almost £3000 when you can still buy it new for £1099 from the manufacturers website.
    It looks like most the arcade stuff was bought by people with no clue believing they were getting a bargain and going to try flip it for a tidy profit :rolleyes:.
    What's that saying, fools and their money...........................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Expect them to surface on the usual channels so.
    Idiot can still buy one from manufacturers ! Lol

This is why the prices are going up so much i guess, fools and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Anyone know how much the set of matchbox 75 cars went for, I filled in the registration on there site etc but could not access the live bidding on Thursday.

Burzum wrote: »
    Anyone know how much the set of matchbox 75 cars went for, I filled in the registration on there site etc but could not access the live bidding on Thursday.

Did you pay the fee to bid?
    They didn’t auction them, they’ll be in the next auction for whatever reason I don’t know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

a Baldands for 713 ?? :D:D:D
    that's sterlings + 20% buyers fee + £32 bidding fee + vat ... ridiculous.

There was one on adverts this summer for 450 and it moved for 300

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Did you pay the fee to bid?
    They didn’t auction them, they’ll be in the next auction for whatever reason I don’t know.

No I never got that far in the registration process, I filled out the form etc and was awaiting a response from them that never came, seems I was lucky so as that was the only item I was looking to bid on.

Those prices above inc the 20% buyers fee+vat(on buyers fee)

Advertisement