Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Street, Portlaoise; A Decade of Change

Options
  • 18-01-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Those of you with an interest in local history might like to have a look at this .
    Thanks,
    John Dunne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's sad to see the Main St overshadowed by the shopping centres - the whole infrastructure of the town should never have been placed that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Thanks for the share. Ever since I moved to Portlaoise Jolita has been closed but still looks like they just shut the doors one day - stock on shelves and freezers full. I'd been looking at retail rentals Portlaoise and was suprised it has never come onto the market.
    It's a shame that so many independent business ventures go to the wall - lots of fast food and clothing by the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Map of Ireland

Ive seen a lot of changes in Portlaoise over the years. I rem Blacks had their toy shop on the main street with a great collection of Matchbox cars in the window. Also the petrol station near the church. Its just not as busy anymore with the new shopping centre attracting a lot of people.

Advertisement