Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of caring

Options
  • 10-11-2018 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

User
    I dnt care about anyonee im supposed to. Not brother, not farher, mother, sister.

Grandma died, I was thinking. Awesome, get to meet the foreign relatives.

I grew up in a nice home, I dnt care if thwy alive or dead.

We never fell out. I just dnt care. This cant be right. . . .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭t1h9mgqsxopj0r

somuj wrote: »
    User
    I dnt care about anyonee im supposed to. Not brother, not farher, mother, sister.

OP I think you should make an appointment with your GP and speak to them about what you’re feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Unanimous

User

Go back home, seek a quiet place, list the things you really care about.
    Then think of the things that make you comfortable Eg family, nice house etc and then remember that those things won’t have come if you didn’t have your family.
    Also, try going away to a new place and you will definitely feel something in your heart for your family cos they won’t in close range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

In what way does it bother you?

If it bothers you even a little..... then in a way you do care......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

User

You probably do care. But in your own way. Which is fine. You might not be aware of what that is yet but so what.

Not everyone has to be a Hallmark clone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Chronic depression can cause the person to not feel any emotions at all, which does sound quite like what you describe. Many people think depressed=sad but that's not true; for many people depression is a kind of grey nothingness - no ups, no downs... just flatness.

Do you feel fairly satisfied with your life as it is, or does it bother you that you don't have the kind of emotional responses that you believe you should?
    If you're otherwise content, it might just be the way you are, but if it's something that's bothering you - like you feel that something is missing in the way you are experiencing life, talk to your doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

User

Have you ever spoken to a doctor about this? If there is no underlying reason why you should feel so alienated from your family it needs further investigation. Did you ever have a good relationship with your family or are your feelings something that happened recently?

Advertisement