Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting on pre-booked Irish rail journey at a different station

Options
  • 14-08-2018 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

How lenient are the staff these days about having the exact right ticket for the journey? Let's just say hypothetically speaking, if I was to pre-book tickets from Cork to Dublin and instead wanted to get on the same train in Mallow, am I likely to encounter any problems at the ticket barrier or with staff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭TheChizler

CR 7 wrote: »
    How lenient are the staff these days about having the exact right ticket for the journey? Let's just say hypothetically speaking, if I was to pre-book tickets from Cork to Dublin and instead wanted to get on the same train in Mallow, am I likely to encounter any problems at the ticket barrier or with staff?
    I wouldn't bet on there being a barrier or staff in Mallow, there wasn't the last few times I was there.

I know people who missed the train in Cork and got a lift to Mallow (and beat it) and did as you're saying with no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I book Limerick Colbert to Dublin as it's cheaper (bizarrely!) versus Limerick Junction to Dublin. The ticket checkers at the Junction have never raised an issue and why should they.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

CR 7 wrote: »

No issue.

Advertisement