Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Films You Haven't Seen That Seemingly Everyone Else Has

13»

Comments

I've never seen a full movie of any of the following series:
    James Bond, Star Wars*, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Rocky, Rambo, Terminator, The Godfather.

And to be honest, with the exception of The Godfather trilogy, I have very little interest in ever seeing any of the above.

*I have seen bits of The Empire Strikes Back and The Phantom Menace, which I'm led to believe are the best and worst of the series respectively. Neither really grabbed my attention though.

One-off films I haven't seen yet**: The Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, Goodfellas, Reservoir Dogs (though I have it on DVD and I am a fan of Tarantino in general, so I will watch it soon), Inception,

**Only including ones that I am actually interested in watching some day: I have zero interest in ever watching the likes of Dirty Dancing, Mamma Mia, Avatar or anything with Superman in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Almost everything that's been released in the last 10 years or so. I go to the cinema 2/3 times a year. She generally chooses. I'll fall asleep on at least one of these occasions. Don't ever put DVDs on. Don't watch telly. Will often put a movie on Netflix on the iPad when I'm doing something else, for background noise. But at best watch it with half an eye.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How exactly?

The Blues Brothers came out in 1980, Blade Runner in 1982. That would be pretty impressive.
    yeah it's an impressive film all right. :o

I've seen Blues Bothers so many times but I haven't seen Blues Brothers 2000 yet. No plans to either and I've watched some truly awful stuff just to see how bad they were.

Tip - the only reason to watch these is to see how bad they were
    The Adventures of Pluto Nash
    Battlefield Earth
    Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
    The Beast of Yucca Flats
    Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
    Stealth
    Mars Needs Moms
    Hudson Hawk
    Poseidon
    Battleship

John Carter actually wasn't that bad except it wasn't a Sci-Fi channel B movie made on a fraction of the budget. Worst marketing ever. The preview looked like a cheapo copy of the arena scene in a Star Wars film despite all the advances in CGI all those years later. It literally cost a hundred thousand times more to make than El Mariachi.

Plan 9 from Outer Space - so bad it's good, at least they were trying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The Godfather trilogy
    Jurassic Park
    Rambo and Rocky
    Jaws
    The Lion King
    Lord of the Rings trilogy
    Casablanca
    Gone with the Wind
    Psycho
    Lawrence of Arabia
    It's a Wonderful Life

ya... just not really arsed if I see them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Never seen E.T. Any of the Star Trek,Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean,Lord of the rings. Or the sixth sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Wizard of Oz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Matrix (any)
    Forrest Gump
    Titanic
    Slumdog Millionaire

Those are just a taster. Started with movie snobbishness/"if it's a blockbuster, it's probably syhte" many moons ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Taken
    Jason Bourne
    Jack Reacher
    2001 Space Odyssey
    Revenant
    A Beautiful Mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

seenitall wrote: »
    Matrix (any)
    Forrest Gump
    Titanic
    Slumdog Millionaire

Those are just a taster. Started with movie snobbishness/"if it's a blockbuster, it's probably syhte" many moons ago!

Kinda poor choice for a username so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

what's the most shocking answer you could give to this question? for me it's a tossup between Titanic or ANY james bond film. RTÉ had one playing every week when i was about 10. and titanic was huge when i was 13, only film with a queue out onto the street in Ennis. i suppose it's what age you are as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

The stuff girls I dated couldn't shut up about. All 18+ btw

High School Musicals
    Bambi
    Minions
    Despicable me
    Hannah Montana
    Lilo and Stitch
    Pitch Perfect

There's load fecki ng more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The stuff girls I dated couldn't shut up about. All 18+ btw

High School Musicals
    Bambi
    Minions
    Despicable me
    Hannah Montana
    Lilo and Stitch
    Pitch Perfect

There's load fecki ng more

Did you check ID???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

mansize wrote: »
    Did you check ID???

They were all in college*. I rarely get time to watch movies and when I do they have to be 70/80s movies or action.

Clown colleges like NUIM/NUIG so maybe that's why they liked childrens movies

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭I carried a watermelon

I carried a watermelon...... :cool:

Hi,
    🙋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

scouttio wrote: »
    Any of the Rockys or any of the Rambos, Stallone can piss right off

Philistine.

Advertisement