Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Accommodation in Shannagarry/Ballycotton Area January 15 (3 Months)

Options
  • 27-08-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm enrolling on a 3 month cullinary experience of a lifetime in January 2015 at the Ballymaloe Cookery School.

The school themselves are looking for around 1300 quid off me to share a twin room with someone. Its a bit steep to be honest, taking into consideration the low rent costs in the area.

Was thinking of ringing around a few B&B's and offering say €800 odd quid and see how I got on.

Alternatively I would love to find someone interested in a houseshare?

I only live in Monkstown Cork so will be home at weekends.

Does anybody have any suggestions or know of anyone in a simular situation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Its a 30min spin from Monkstown Darren, id save the bobs and make the daily drive. There is nothing to do in Ballycotton in winter time, summer is a different story!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

It is indeed a 30 minute spin, school normally starts at 8am in Ballymaloe and might not finish until 6pm. Dont think I would be up to a 7am start every morning.

If my only option in terms of accomodation is the cookery school I will without question stay back home in Monkstown.

Ideally I would love to move into a place with one or two others as accomodation is so cheap down there. Theres a 2 bed place in Cloyne for 450 p/m.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Darren what does that 1300 include? You have to factor in transport/utilities/food costs in rental or a B&B.

Darren what does that 1300 include? You have to factor in transport/utilities/food costs in rental or a B&B.

My food is uncluded in the cookery school regardless if I stay within the grounds or in a B&B/House etc..

The only cost I would have would be my rent basically and about a tenners worth of petrol to get home at weekends.

If I wer to stay in a rental property or B&B it would literally just be used for 7-8 hours kip after a long day.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

DAZP93 wrote: »
    My food is uncluded in the cookery school regardless if I stay within the grounds or in a B&B/House etc..

The only cost I would have would be my rent basically and about a tenners worth of petrol to get home at weekends.

If I wer to stay in a rental property or B&B it would literally just be used for 7-8 hours kip after a long day.

You still have to contribute towards the utilities though, so keep that in mind.

• Advertisement

That true..

I'm looking at about €12 a day on fuel if I plan on driving up and down - this works out to about €750 for the 3 month period. I think it only makes sence to stay down there.

Advertisement