Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bmc58

burkemg wrote: »
    Yes was looking at my last order and it's two weeks ago this Friday. Something fishy going on with them. The Tesco vouchers normally arrived within a week for me in the past. Think I'll be ordering a voucher that I can download straight away from another provider, the next time.
    The grey panel saying no surveys available is constantly coming up too!!!!

Same here,but it goes yellow then for me and I get a survey.I have got about 4 in the past week from IO.I really don't know what to make of the grey box though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

Ordered two IO tesco vouchers on the 15/10/18 and no sign of them either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Same here, ordered a ten euro one three weeks ago.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Same here, ordered a ten euro one three weeks ago.
    Oh no,don't like the sound of this.Maybe they've gone bust,ha,ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

bmc58 wrote: »
    Oh no,don't like the sound of this.Maybe they've gone bust,ha,ha.

They always took about 2 weeks to arrive with me, never quicker than that. The final ones I ordered before I was banned took about 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Amazon vouchers are coming instantly but surveys seem to have almost dried up recently.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

RedC survey with a bunch of IQ test style questions at the end, very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

L1011 wrote: »
    RedC survey with a bunch of IQ test style questions at the end, very odd.

I hates those there worse than the leaving cert!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Can only think they want to get some guesswork at logic skills to see who applied what logic to the offers in the survey

Really doing so few surveys this year by choice, 50 acumen, closing on 50 RedC and my Kantar scanner/surveys are likely to be my total year takings from it all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Got my 10 euro voucher from IO this morning.

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Got my 10 euro voucher from IO this morning.
    Me too.And got a second one in the same mail that I ordered 10 days after the first.But never as long as this before.More than a month for the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

The grey panel saying no surveys available is constantly coming up too!!!!

I'm glad to see other people are having this problem too. It's gotten ridiculous. I was making at least 12-15 a month for the last year or so, and since October I've gotten about 2 surveys.

I've been emailing them back and forth to complain but they just keep giving me the script about having my profile up to date. It's the same profile I've had for the last year. Button is always gray too, it was never this bad before

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I just tried the latest omnibuzz survey from Ideas panel, they asked me to choose a music band, one of the Answers was Europe, one was Crocodile dundee and i think the others were colours, I chose Europe (the final countdown singers) and i was kicked out of the survey for choosing the wrong answer???

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I just tried the latest omnibuzz survey from Ideas panel, they asked me to choose a music band, one of the Answers was Europe, one was Crocodile dundee and i think the others were colours, I chose Europe (the final countdown singers) and i was kicked out of the survey for choosing the wrong answer???

The Beatles seemed a much more appropriate choice. ;)

Sounds like someone in the survey company had never heard of Europe and thought it was an OK dummy answer. Kids these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I think Irish opinions has gone to sh1t
    I’ve been grey for a month now and I’m stuck on €9.50
    Going from a €10 voucher card a week to nothing is strange

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

The Beatles seemed a much more appropriate choice. ;)

I don't remember seeing the beatles as an option?:confused:
    Anyway I emailed them and they credited me :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I've been frozen out now for about 3 weeks now. Frustrating.

They must have heard me. Working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Anyone else get hit with a suspended account? Mine was greyed out for almost a month now and I've been emailing back and forth a good deal since then and was constantly told my account was in order and that everything was okay.

I challenged it again about two days ago and suddenly got told this morning that due to inattentiveness and quality concerns that I've been indefinitely suspended.

The whole thing is getting very suspicious at the moment.

Edit : I've done a bit of research through here and is the whole tracking IP's with Toluna a genuine thing? Because I did join with them at around the same time my IO surveys started drying up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭laoise09

Anyone using MySurvey - its been switched to Lifepoints as of today. The Lifepoints app doesn't seem to be available to download in Ireland on Google Play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭pgj2015

laoise09 wrote: »
    Anyone using MySurvey - its been switched to Lifepoints as of today. The Lifepoints app doesn't seem to be available to download in Ireland on Google Play

i logged in using my mysurvey email and password, my points are still there but no surveys available.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    i logged in using my mysurvey email and password, my points are still there but no surveys available.

Ireland is not listed as a country where LifePoints conducts surveys https://lifepoints.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001929467-Countries-that-can-join-our-Community-

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

pgj2015 wrote: »

I think I've got about 5 or 6 email invitations for surveys over the last few days.
    When I login, it just says 'no studies available'

Bojill wrote: »
    I think I've got about 5 or 6 email invitations for surveys over the last few days.
    When I login, it just says 'no studies available'

Logged in today myself for a look at the new "Lifestyle" site.Had a survey for 40 pts only took 3 mns,fine.Went to look at what rewards were available(I only have 300 pts at the moment) but NOT allowed into the Rewards section as i did not have sufficent pts to enter site..WTF is this about.And the "News" section has items a month old.Not impressed at all with this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I emailed Irish opinions yesterday and as yet no reply but the grey box went yellow and I was able to do 2 surveys
    Coincidence ? I think not but I ordered a Tesco voucher as quick as I could lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I emailed Irish opinions yesterday and as yet no reply but the grey box went yellow and I was able to do 2 surveys
    Coincidence ? I think not but I ordered a Tesco voucher as quick as I could lol

It went yellow for me today as well and I got three done before it greyed again.

bmc58 wrote: »
    Logged in today myself for a look at the new "Lifestyle" site.Had a survey for 40 pts only took 3 mns,fine.Went to look at what rewards were available(I only have 300 pts at the moment) but NOT allowed into the Rewards section as i did not have sufficent pts to enter site..WTF is this about.And the "News" section has items a month old.Not impressed at all with this site.

I got a survey invite today but it was for UK residents, which I am not.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Does anyone remember the weird Acumen survey which promised 1500 points? I think it was September.

I just checked on their member area and I was awarded 10 points instead of 1500! That's what you get for being screened out, but I definitely completed it. Did anyone get the 1500 points?

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the weird Acumen survey which promised 1500 points? I think it was September.

I just checked on their member area and I was awarded 10 points instead of 1500! That's what you get for being screened out, but I definitely completed it. Did anyone get the 1500 points?

Yes, I got the 1500

• Advertisement

Got the 1500, have spent the Dunnes voucher it contributed to!

Advertisement