Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultrasound - Dublin region - recommendations, please.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Affidea clinics are good value and you don't wait long for appointments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Not convinced what type of ultrasound are you meaning when you say Laya is not covering ultrasound scans: I just checked my cover with them, and it does have a section for Xray/Ultrasound // needs GP or consultant referal, and all centres are Pay-and-claim.

But I have other question: are there any scan centres where you just book an appointment and pay the scan yourself, without needing a GP referral ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

mvl wrote: »
    Not convinced what type of ultrasound are you meaning when you say Laya is not covering ultrasound scans: I just checked my cover with them, and it does have a section for Xray/Ultrasound // needs GP or consultant referal, and all centres are Pay-and-claim.

But I have other question: are there any scan centres where you just book an appointment and pay the scan yourself, without needing a GP referral ?

My Laya covered only MRI and not ultra sound . I doubt very much any clinic would be happy to do an US without a referral . Though I know Affidea will accept a physio referral for joint MRI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Ultrasound.ie don’t require a referral letter, I think.

D.

Advertisement