Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Burger King today, tried the BBQ Texas king burger, sweet divine it was gorgeous. The 2nd time I’ve had onion rings on a burger :) Full all day after it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

left overs from yeterday of mince onions carrots sweet potatoe and the normal auld humble spud :) pint of chilled water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

A big giant fresh crusty roll the size of my leg with fresh cold butter and slices of ham two inches thick. Lots of English mustard and a sharing bag (yeah right) of quavers. All washed down with a bottle of cherry Pepsi max :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Herself made a venison fillet strogonoff today with the recipe I got here recently plus a bit of extra cream that was made anyway, a dollop of mustard and a drop of Hennessy's thrown in.

She nailed it, best strogonoff ever and I've had a few. Chips weren't the Mae West because they were made with white potatoes instead of roosters but none were left to tell the tale.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Mashed potatoes, carrots, peas and a homemade beef burger all covered in gravy :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Something Mexican inspired.

IMG-20210223-004526.jpg

There is chorizo, black beans and El Pato salsa there, with flatbread, cheddar and onion from Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Something Mexican inspired.

IMG-20210223-004526.jpg

There is chorizo, black beans and El Pato salsa there, with flatbread, cheddar and onion from Dunnes.

Hope it was nice. Is that Tapati hot sauce nice? Is it smokey or more zesty? I live beside a Mexican restaurant but the food is really bad. The smell keeps luring me in like a beautiful mermaid though...maybe this time it will be better..maybe there's a new chef! Nothing that smells that good can be bad surely!
    Burrito like a soggy nappy = kicking myself every time:)

Porklife wrote: »
    Hope it was nice. Is that Tapati hot sauce nice? Is it smokey or more zesty? I live beside a Mexican restaurant but the food is really bad. The smell keeps luring me in like a beautiful mermaid though...maybe this time it will be better..maybe there's a new chef! Nothing that smells that good can be bad surely!
    Burrito like a soggy nappy = kicking myself every time:)

That's a shame! We are really lacking decent Mexican food here.

The Tapati is a good all rounder type hot sauce. Not smokey, more of a cumin flavour. Not too hot. It's tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

Carlsberg and salted Pistachio nuts

Beef stew :)

Now munching in chocolate Hob Nobs

• Advertisement

My better half made a sauce Sunday for a breast on the bone dinner that was top notch. It's one of those sauces with the all the heart attack ingredients.

I would have happily had it with just fresh oven baked bread to dip into it today but had to settle for more chicken with honey and mustard baked ham and boiled potatoes. It's a tough ol' station.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Decided to go all out calorie wise this evening and made my own burgers with minced garlic, mustard and a whole host of spices.
    I made chips and mixed sour cream with cajun spice and chilli powder as a dip.
    Bunsen eat your heart out, mine was way nicer although I feel like i doubled in size by my last bite :)

...but there's always room for dessert which will be white chocolate mousse from Lidl...nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My better half made a sauce Sunday for a breast on the bone dinner that was top notch. It's one of those sauces with the all the heart attack ingredients.

I would have happily had it with just fresh oven baked bread to dip into it today but had to settle for more chicken with honey and mustard baked ham and boiled potatoes. It's a tough ol' station.

I want to borrow your better half for a weekend RG, just to cook while I get sloshed. I'll pay handsomely. Your well looked after at the table!:)
    Decided to go all out calorie wise this evening and made my own burgers with minced garlic, mustard and a whole host of spices.
    Bunsen eat your heart out, mine was way nicer although I feel like i doubled in size by my last bite :)

...but there's always room for dessert which will be white chocolate mousse from Lidl...nom nom

I usually make my own burgers, but today I spotted some 6oz Angus burgers in Tescos on special offer. Gonna have one later with mash, garden peas and beef gravy.

Having some Wednesday night beers as I do. (usually in a pub with football)
    Tescos were once again selling off Canadian beer at €1 a can.

Back to the homemade gratin potatoes today with a steak that was sold as sirloin but would have passed for a fillet.

Couple of Jive bars for dessert.

(Sorry Grandeeod she likes it here too much).

Homemade burgers are the way to go.
    I've never tried, but had some my OH made ages ago.

Don't know why we don't make them, but you have given me a great food idea!

I like the free range beef mince from Aldi a lot, so I'm going to try it soon.

To salt or not salt the mince, I remember reading that food site that does experiments with food, but I can't recall that post they had on this question, but apparently it does make a difference?

Homemade burgers are the way to go.
    I've never tried, but had some my OH made ages ago.

Don't know why we don't make them, but you have given me a great food idea!

I like the free range beef mince from Aldi a lot, so I'm going to try it soon.

To salt or not salt the mince, I remember reading that food site that does experiments with food, but I can't recall that post they had on this question, but apparently it does make a difference?

We always do homemade burgers but it's only recently I picked up a cheap burger press from Amazon and they make a huge difference. You get a neater burger that cooks more evenly and there's a little attachment for making stuffed burgers too. I season them well before cooking.

We always do homemade burgers but it's only recently I picked up a cheap burger press from Amazon and they make a huge difference. You get a neater burger that cooks more evenly and there's a little attachment for making stuffed burgers too. I season them well before cooking.

Do you salt the burgers after shaping, or salt the mince first?
    Apparently the salt makes the meat more dense and it loses the grainy consistency.
    I'll try to find that link.

Edit: Here it is:

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef.html

Apparently the salt makes the meat more dense and it loses the grainy consistency.

Apparently it's best not to season the mince and to just season the pattie before cooking. Salt dehydrates the meat and changes the texture according to Chefs like Ramsey but my natural instinct is to always reach for the salt and pepper!
    I seasoned the mince in a bowl with salt, pepper, garlic powder and fresh minced garlic, cayenne powder, cinnamon, honey, soy sauce, mustard and nutmeg. Yep...i definitely hold back with cooking :p
    The burger was bursting with juices and flavour and im not convinced salting them last minute would make any difference.

Apparently it's best not to season the mince and to just season the pattie before cooking. Salt dehydrates the meat and changes the texture according to Chefs like Ramsey but my natural instinct is to always reach for the salt and pepper!
    I seasoned the mince in a bowl with salt, pepper, garlic powder and fresh minced garlic, cayenne powder, cinnamon, honey, soy sauce, mustard and nutmeg. Yep...i definitely hold back with cooking :p
    The burger was bursting with juices and flavour and im not convinced salting them last minute would make any difference.

Yeah, I question the science too, and go with the tastebuds.
    That sounds magical, and you have inspired me to go adventure!

I add everything before shaping the mince, cover them on a plate with clingfilm and leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours before cooking in the oven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Turkey burgers, onion, tomato, lettuce, peri sauce, fresh baps.. Thoroughly enjoyed

As i wandered the lidl aisles i realised I Had missed breakfast and lunch. Feeling hunger at that stage my entire shop seemed to be centered around one meal.. I grabbed some burger buns, fresh veg and when i got to the frozen section the LMC veg burgers were sold out and i lacked the inspiration to style another dish so another lap of the shop and i settled on TB..

We're all on a burger buzz it seems!

I just had pasta stuffed with ricotta and spinach with a lemon, sour cream, chilli and honey sauce with cheddar and parmesan on top.
    How those stuffed pastas are supposed to serve 2 people is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Burger and chips this evening , not from the chippers either !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

A big mug of hot chocolate.

Venison lasagne with chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Creamy mash
    Peas
    And couple aldi mince pies

invested in a airfryer today its all new to me its a 5.5 litre one.done some aldo skin on frozen chip and steamed my sweet sour chicken peppers.

https://ibb.co/HnnsGQL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Welcome to the club bassy!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Welcome to the club bassy!

what club G?,the airfyer club ye ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffee cake and dark roast.

Advertisement