Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon RX 5600 XT vs Nvidia RTX 2060

Options
  • 03-12-2020 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, your thoughts on Radeon RX 5600 XT vs Nvidia RTX 2060? I've heard a lot of complaints about 5600XT being unstable, issues with drivers and bios... Has all that been resolved, has anyone got it and having (or not) problems? Thinking to buy one or another, and the Radeon is a bit cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Citrus_8 wrote: »
    Hi guys, your thoughts on Radeon RX 5600 XT vs Nvidia RTX 2060? I've heard a lot of complaints about 5600XT being unstable, issues with drivers and bios... Has all that been resolved, has anyone got it and having (or not) problems? Thinking to buy one or another, and the Radeon is a bit cheaper.

AMDs drivers are hit and miss, but a lot more hit than they used to be. Just have a look on youtube regarding the driver version before updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Do you want ray tracing (e.g. Cyberpunk 2077, CONTROL)?

If no, the RX 5600 XT is simply better bang-per-buck (just make sure it's a model with 14Gbps VRAM)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Comparing to 5600 XT, the 2600 seems to me more hassle free, which, of course, I would pay more for... Still thinking...

Advertisement