Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked

Options
  • 10-10-2019 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

What in fuck is this, and what triggers it?

3NfoytK.jpg
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

KyussB wrote: »
    What in fuck is this

Very tense aren't we

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

It's just incredibly bad user experience, to have to deal with being randomly blocked by an algorithm like this. In any case, here is the post that was triggering the block - quoting it, should be enough to trigger a fresh block:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111471029#post111471029

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I haven't seen that before, it's from Cloudflare. I'll be interested to see what phrase/word caused this if we can find that out. Did you save the Cloudflare Ray ID by any chance?

Unfortunately, no - I cut out the bottom due to it containig the IP. I was able to repro through quoting the post, but can't now.

OK no worries. We can't see exactly what triggered this but Rónán has adjusted some of the Cloudflare settings now so that should help. If you come across this again, please do let us know again. And if you can include the Ray ID that would be helpful, you can share it privately via email if you're worried about posting anything here (hello@boards.ie).

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I experienced that this evening, Cloudflare Ray ID: 523b8fbad938a711
    It happened when I was trying to quote post 42, I was able to post without quote and then edit in the quote without any problems.
    My current post and the post that was blocked were identical apart from the quote.

Thread, https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058021129&page=3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

got this number of times in the past few weeks :/ I sent the ID each time, it seems to happen when a copy and paste content from elsewhere, like a section of a pdf from the oireachtas or bit of a tweet off tweetdeck. Cloudflare is broken and is breaking the boards.

Ya I got this in the last hour or so, myself - copy-pasting a quote from an article - didn't bother grabbin the ID, though.

Hi guys, we've adjusted some CloudFlare settings to see if this fixes the issue, please let us know here if it happens to you again. Thanks.

Advertisement