Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Back to a dull overcast here again the last hour, Knew it was too good to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Touching 20C now in Castlebar, nicest day of the summer so far and in just a light breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was a beautiful morning here....unfortunately there's a but coming....dark clouds gathering ominously to the west. Pleasant in the Su but not hot warm would be a better description. Yesterday today so far and last Wednesday and Thursday were the 4 best days we have had this summer. That's since June 01st a total of 4 out of 79 days that were summery all day. There has been some pleasant days interspersed there but a lot of dull overcast miserable ones too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Max at the official ME stations this month is 23C (per MT's competition) - got 23.3C here at the moment; unfortunately my station doesn't count...but this could be the second day in a row (and this summer) that I've got a higher max that the lowly suburbs round about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

23.6C here earlier before the sea breeze kicked in.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    23.6C here earlier before the sea breeze kicked in.

:(

Well...it was looking good for a few minutes - back to 23.1C so I fear we may have peaked.

At 2pm both DA and Casement reporting 22C; if the cloud stays away looks like there is a chance the 23C will fall in the next two hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I was listening to the forecast on RTE Radio at 8am this morning and he finished off by saying the on Sunday its going the get extremely windy and wet, anyone have any charts for this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

At 2pm both DA and Casement reporting 22C; if the cloud stays away looks like there is a chance the 23C will fall in the next two hours....

Phoenix Park and Oak Park reporting 23c at 1500.

22.4c here atm with partly cloudy skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Stunning day again in Bray. Some heat in the Sun. The seabreeze is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NorthDublin1

Fantastic day here in Donabate! May it continue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Phoenix Park reporting 24c at 1600.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

24C here too now, easily the best day we've had since 1st July.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Well obviously, there is more media advertising income in the greater Dublin area than in Tuam...

Yes, because shamtown represents the whole west of Ireland :rolleyes::p

I assume you are joking though, and actually mean that it is more down to the heavily centralized state we live in that we accept as being normal.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I was listening to the forecast on RTE Radio at 8am this morning and he finished off by saying the on Sunday its going the get extremely windy and wet, anyone have any charts for this.

Heard that as well, there is a an outdoor music festival happening in town on sunday, going by the report it could be a washout.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Phoenix Park reporting 24c at 1600.

That's a new (official) high for this August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

First summer day we had here in a while. Beautiful sunny day with highs of 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

A few drops of rain, now stopped again, mainly dry all day but very cloudy in the afternoon.
    Not a bad day temperature wise here in Kerry. 18C reached for a while. Now cooling again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    24C here too now, easily the best day we've had since 1st July.

1 July was horrible at Grange with very dull conditions. The 3rd of July was the last best day! Well with the exception of August 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Driving to Lahinch co clare this morning i was dreading the worst with all the dark clouds on the horizon, but come 2.00 pm onwards it turned out to be a cracker of a day with constant sunshine and temps in low 20s :) got a tan too

Max yesterday was 24.2 in Phoenix Park, which is a summer high so far.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

..... sorry for nit picking but the second highest of the summer, 25.6c was recorded also at the Phoenix Park on June 30th.

6mm so far today giving me a total of only 15mm for this month so obviously badly needed. :)

..... sorry for nit picking but the second highest of the summer, 25.6c was recorded also at the Phoenix Park on June 30th.

6mm so far today giving me a total of only 15mm for this month so obviously badly needed. :)

Thanks for the clarification Elmer, you are absolutely correct (just checked it on the met.ie website!).

Supercell wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification Elmer, you are absolutely correct (just checked it on the met.ie website!).

Hmmm...so you wouldn't take his word for it? :)

Yesterday's 23.6C here was lower than the 24C+ recorded on both June 30 and July 1 - that will leave August with the lowest max of the three cool months.

Good news for those veggies - raining here this morning, 4mm so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Some heavier bursts have brought total here to just under 12mm
    Drizzly now and very Dull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

The weather doesn't matter...if its sunny enjoy it, if its raining enjoy it....life's short just enjoy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Well back to normal today guise, least I got a game of golf in on Monday on howth head, spectacular views and weather xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Some heavier bursts have brought total here to just under 12mm
    Drizzly now and very Dull
    11mm here, only the second fall in excess of 10mm I've seen here in months.

Zipppy wrote: »
    The weather doesn't matter...if its sunny enjoy it, if its raining enjoy it....life's short just enjoy :)

Arragh Zippy - it's the philosophy thread you should be posting in. To us weather is what football was to Bill Shankly

"Football isn't a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Grange has recorded its first day since May 3rd with falls in excess of 20mm. Up to 16:00 on August 19th 2015, Grange has recorded 22.8mm bringing my total for August 2015 up to 29.0mm. The 19th has recorded 79% of August 2015's total so far and is my wettest August day since 2014.

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Grange has recorded its first day since May 3rd with falls in excess of 20mm.

Wow!

Only 4.2mm here about 10 miles south of you as the proverbial crow flies!

Advertisement