Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Increasingly colder from tomorrow / Wintry showers and snow for some / Frost

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I think the title of this thread is misleading then, in that it says increasingly colder from today, when in fact it's get increasingly milder until Sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Su Campu wrote: »
    I think the title of this thread is misleading then, in that it says increasingly colder from today, when in fact it's get increasingly milder until Sunday.

I'd suggest:

Increasingly milder from tomorrow / Wintry showers and snow for some in Greenland/ Frost in Moscow

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Was driving earlier and one place was all white with sleet here in Donegal, dangerous enough for driving in. It was 4c at the time around 3pm. The sleet was compacted.

it shows how bad things are, when we are trumpeting sleet falling:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Su Campu wrote: »

The overall trend over the next 4 or 5 days is towards colder weather not milder weather. You are right there are short periods of slightly milder weather over the weekend and we are kind of in and out of Polar maritime flow. But that does not change the trend - it's getting colder over the weekend. There will be periods of rain or showers sometimes of the wintry variety for some.

I think you have misinterpreted the reason I started the thread with respect. Firstly this is not an extreme weather thread or anything of the sort. I am merely pointing out a colder phase of weather has begun and that makes this place more interesting and people are interested even if it does not mean 5ft of snow. Secondly (and I am not the only one) I was getting fed up with the trolling rubbish in the other thread. The moaning aswell. Interesting the weather will be this weekend and into the start of next week. Yes, it's not snowmageddon. I never said it would be. And I accept there are some inaccuracies from when I started the OP. But instead of criticising understand that it has been an exceptionally difficult period to forecast for. I see nothing wrong with the thread overall. It's simply reflecting reality that the weather is changing to colder polar maritime conditions for the next few days. A couple of brief mild intrusions does not change that.

Unfortunately this effort to actually discuss the weather might have failed aswell.

Not aimed at you Su but we have a couple of stupid, irrelevant comments in here already. I know I am wasting my time trying to communicate with these posters. If you have something silly to say and nothing constructive go to after hours and say it. I see this forum as a fine resource and has been for years. At the end of the day those disrupting it are going to ruin that for themselves and everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement