Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiling kitchen backsplash with beveled subway tiles.

• 14-11-2019 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

How does this work with several double sockets and cooker switch? Gonna be gaps where socket lands on bevel so what do you do with that... silicone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

Triboro wrote: »
    How does this work with several double sockets and cooker switch? Gonna be gaps where socket lands on bevel so what do you do with that... silicone?

Loosen the sockets from the back box. Tiles cut to fit around socket and then use longer screws if needed to screw the socket back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Triboro

RobbieMD wrote: »
    Loosen the sockets from the back box. Tiles cut to fit around socket and then use longer screws if needed to screw the socket back on.

Thanks,Yeah had planned on doing that,but it wont be a flat surface afterwards with the bevels so will have gaps when I screw socket back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I did this a while back, there will be slight gaps but not significant. What colour are your grout/sockets? If white, then a bit of white silicone neatly applied around the sockets will fill any gaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Just had a look at my own kitchen and there’s a very small gap alright but I hadn’t noticed it up to now.

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I did this a while back, there will be slight gaps but not significant. What colour are your grout/sockets? If white, then a bit of white silicone neatly applied around the sockets will fill any gaps.

Thats good to know,yes gonna be white tile & grout so silicone it is! Thought the gap would be worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the trick with this is to plan for this when your laying out. try to avoid having the bevel directly behind the socket , especcially when looking from the main viewing side

unfortunitly those tiles are a nightmare for issues like this

the trick with this is to plan for this when your laying out. try to avoid having the bevel directly behind the socket , especcially when looking from the main viewing side

unfortunitly those tiles are a nightmare for issues like this

Have 5 sockets and the cooker switch so where I lay out to avoid one I will probably land on the next,..be awkward to grout them tiles too now that I think of it!

Advertisement