Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Ah sh*t!!!! 2-1 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

It wasnt optimism, it was indigestion.

bollo*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Blame Joker D and Zaph , they stuck the league tables up with 2 Leeds wins and then it went pear shaped!

We were absolutely battered tonight! Sounded like we were playing Barcelona,not Blackpool.

I must confess, I looked at a tweeted pic of the live league table too!
    But I swear if I had known what I was about to look at I would not have looked.

I take full responsibility. ;-)

• Advertisement

considering it sounded like it was all blackpool, we barley had the ball and our goal was completely against the run of play................
    at least it wasnt 5-0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Worried after that, we were well beaten, lucky it wasn't more.

We need this takeover to go through to give Warnock time in the transfer window. People may think it's an overreaction but I think the squad is very very light in numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

still only a point behind 2nd and an automatic promotion place!
    Think Wolves and Blackpool will be up at the top of the table at the end of the season, so at least they are out of the way.

Think by the sounds of things midfield was poor again tonight and we couldn't keep the ball.

Hope the take over happens real quick so we can get a bit of decent quality in the middle and up top.

What were the goals we gave away like?

JokerD wrote: »
    Worried after that, we were well beaten, lucky it wasn't more.

We need this takeover to go through to give Warnock time in the transfer window. People may think it's an overreaction but I think the squad is very very light in numbers.

not just lacking numbers but quality.

did we line up 4-3-3 or 4-4-1-1?
    football365 has us at 4-3-3 with:

Kenny,
    Peltier, Pearse, Lees, White
    Byram, Norris, Austin
    Becchio, McCormack, Varney

Lees, Byram, Norris, Becchio, Varney should only be squad players.
    that midfield isn't at all creative (well, from what I've seen of Austin in the first game, he's more of a defensive type)

The bench doesn't do a lot to inspire either (other than diouf who I thought was very good against Wolves)

The tippy toeing around the takeover is absolutely infuriating, I know the club can't say too much but I'd just love Warnock to come out and go ballistic over it, it needs to be sorted one way or the other.

• Advertisement

Optimistic Sarah : lads lads, its only the 2nd game, we always knew Blackpool were good, and we only lost by one goal. not 5. Not time to sound Red Alert and run for the life boats just yet.

Pessimistic Sarah : Same Sh1t, different season, and we all want the same thing *bates out*. We wont go up this year.

Optimistic Sarah : But we are Leeds - Marching on Together!!!

:)

not just lacking numbers but quality.

did we line up 4-3-3 or 4-4-1-1?
    football365 has us at 4-3-3 with:

Kenny,
    Peltier, Pearse, Lees, White
    Byram, Norris, Austin
    Becchio, McCormack, Varney

Lees, Byram, Norris, Becchio, Varney should only be squad players.
    that midfield isn't at all creative (well, from what I've seen of Austin in the first game, he's more of a defensive type)

The bench doesn't do a lot to inspire either (other than diouf who I thought was very good against Wolves)

1 injury to Green and it meant a big shuffle to the team against Wolves, disappointing.

1 injury to Green and it meant a big shuffle to the team against Wolves, disappointing.

Still can't understand the shuffle though. Peltier at LB with Drury on the bench?

We need to get Diouf signed up and match fit and need at least 4 more good signings. A tall order at the moment.

punk77 wrote: »
    Still can't understand the shuffle though. Peltier at LB with Drury on the bench?

We need to get Diouf signed up and match fit and need at least 4 more good signings. A tall order at the moment.

Tall order considering we need to get rid of players before we sign anyone...

The YR phone-in has had 1 caller, probably won't allow anyone on to discuss the takeover. This must be the most secretive takeover in history.

It reminds me of that film "V for Vendetta" - where the big talking head controls everything, including the media. Yorkshire radio have been gagged by bates, I would love to know what they really think.

SarahBM wrote: »
    It reminds me of that film "V for Vendetta" - where the big talking head controls everything, including the media. Yorkshire radio have been gagged by bates, I would love to know what they really think.

Well that was a joke, one caller for a phone-in(Thom Kirwin saying there was only one caller) I'm starting to think this takeover is just a figment of my imagination.

Surely there can't be a way back here for Bates, position nearing untenable imo, the dragging on could massively effect our season, we need the next ten days in the window with money.

The fact all the ITK people are saying it's so close is just adding to the frustration.

Warnock mentioning that some days he's looking at spending a lot of money on players and other days he's looking at free transfers.

Bates has said when he leaves that he wants the club in good hands, these bidders must be suitable as we're a long way down the road so it needs to be sorted now.

Would everyone at the club please sort these legal issues for the good of the club and give Warnock a chance.

I know the bench was thin tonight but does anyone else think that the substitutions NW made were baffling to say the least?
    Sounds like Becchio was offside so much he might as well be subbed, yet he took off Ross. And as to the Pugh for White switch, well I just don't want to go there.

RT @PhilHayYEP: Warnock "working on the assumption that we won't be bringing anyone in" before the transfer window shuts” #lufc

If it turns out this happens then I'm very anxious for the rest of the season as the squad is too small.

RT @PhilHayYEP: Warnock "working on the assumption that we won't be bringing anyone in" before the transfer window shuts” #lufc

If it turns out this happens then I'm very anxious for the rest of the season as the squad is too small.

Not only too small but lacking the 3/4 marquee signings that he had hoped to bring in. I really feel sorry for Warnock now. He done all the ground work earlier in the Summer and was thwarted when he wanted to add the finishing touches. Bates HAS to go.

punk77 wrote: »
    Not only too small but lacking the 3/4 marquee signings that he had hoped to bring in. I really feel sorry for Warnock now. He done all the ground work earlier in the Summer and was thwarted when he wanted to add the finishing touches. Bates HAS to go.

Dan off TSB has been saying on WACCOE that we've already deals lined up, pending takeover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

This result could turn out to be a blessing. Firstly, it'll stop us getting carried away with ourselves and we'll remain realistic about the job that Warnock has ahead, and secondly it might force the hands of Bates and the Middle East consortium, one of them must surely blink soon.
    Wouldn't read too much into what Warnock said about getting bodies in before the window closes as the premier league squads of 25 are finalised on Sept 1 and the unchosen ones then become available for loans.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/message-to-ken-bates-sell-our-club/

This is going around at the minute, petition for Bates to sell the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭event

thats what its come to, an online petition :(

event wrote: »
    thats what its come to, an online petition :(

The frustrating is really setting in now that the transfer window is nearing it's close and the talk of us having deals wrapped up takeover depending is not helping.

Maybe the petition if it gets a lot of signatures will be picked up by news stations and might put a little bit of pressure on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's clear from the first two games that the one type of player that we are missing is a creative midfielder.

We are much like the Ireland team at the minute, plenty of work horses but no real creative ability to hold onto the ball and create. We are playing defensive type football because we are unable to pass it around.

I really do fear for us unless we can sign a ball playing midfielder before the window closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's clear from the first two games that the one type of player that we are missing is a creative midfielder.

We are much like the Ireland team at the minute, plenty of work horses but no real creative ability to hold onto the ball and create. We are playing defensive type football because we are unable to pass it around.

I really do fear for us unless we can sign a ball playing midfielder before the window closes.

Think we need more than 1 player, our midfield from two seasons ago in League 1 is better than the one we have now.... surely thats not right

Kingp35 wrote: »

George Boyd had been linked and it wouldn't surprise me if we go for him if this takeover happens.

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    Think we need more than 1 player, our midfield from two seasons ago in League 1 is better than the one we have now.... surely thats not right

we must have one of the worst midfields in the clubs you would expect to be in the top half of the table.
    we don't have a single recognised winger for fcuk sake.

varney, white, green, pugh, diouf, none of them are wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Paddy Kenny was in a gloating mood on Saturday:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/qpr-complain-leeds-kenny-messages-083100727.html
    QPR complain to Leeds over Kenny messages

Queens Park Rangers technical director Mike Rigg has written a formal letter of complaint to Leeds United after goalkeeper Paddy Kenny allegedly sent abusive messages to him and chairman Tony Fernandes over the weekend.

The 34-year-old joined the Championship side during the summer after it is understood he asked for a transfer, despite the Hoops hoping he would stay to provide competition for summer signing Rob Green.
    The England international endured a nightmare debut following his move from West Ham, with a blunder for the first goal putting Swansea on course to a 5-0 victory in the season's opener.
    Press Association Sport understands Kenny sent abusive text messages to Rigg and Fernandes late on Saturday night and in the early hours of Sunday morning, mocking the result and Green's performance.
    Rigg is also understood to have received calls up until 3am on Sunday, leading him to make a formal complaint to Leeds.
    The accusations are likely to further damage Kenny's status at QPR, who he described as a "tin pot club" on Twitter in recent days.

• Advertisement

According to NW, Green could be out for 6 - 8 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement