Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Demons Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

yeah, just killed allant now onto the old one:cool:

EDIT:new game plus:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Blue Dragon soul gives SFA, just consume it. hold onto the maidens soul. you'll get some decent magic off yuria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Played this game for a few hours today and i really like it, its fairly refreshing to play such a difficult game.
    Definitely gonna clock up a few hours on this.

A few hours is a major understatement, i'm tempted to pay someone to break into my house and steal it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I got this during the week on ebay from a uk seller (xbite games) 60 quid. Bought from them before. It's the chinese\english version. Only bad thing is that most of the manual is chinese but the games is English.

I've only played a little over an hour today. I think I'll have to allow myself some more time to play in a session as I didn't realise I'd be thrown back to the start of the level each time I died. It wouldn't be such a bad thing except all of the items I collect are gone each new time around but the enemies I kill have respawned.

I started with a soldier as the wiki said it was a good class for beginners. It'd be nice to have a ranged weapon at times though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I got this during the week on ebay from a uk seller (xbite games) 60 quid. Bought from them before. It's the chinese\english version. Only bad thing is that most of the manual is chinese but the games is English.

I've only played a little over an hour today. I think I'll have to allow myself some more time to play in a session as I didn't realise I'd be thrown back to the start of the level each time I died. It wouldn't be such a bad thing except all of the items I collect are gone each new time around but the enemies I kill have respawned.

I started with a soldier as the wiki said it was a good class for beginners. It'd be nice to have a ranged weapon at times though.
    Isnt it just the souls that you lose? I think you keep the items.

Niall0 wrote: »
    Isnt it just the souls that you lose? I think you keep the items.

Yeah. Sorry I meant they are gone from the level for good. So if you used them before you died, you can't get them again.

lesson to be learned. dont die.

rossism wrote: »
    lesson to be learned. dont die.

Yeah I learned that very quick. Found myself running away a lot. Pity the game doesn't come with the option to play the Benny Hill Theme.

have to say, just stay at it. the game gets easier as you level up and unlock more magic spells and better weapons and equipment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

have to say, just stay at it. the game gets easier as you level up and unlock more magic spells and better weapons and equipment.

Yeah I find this with quite a few asian games I've played. It's like the learning curve is reversed. They start off difficult and then get easier as you progress.

wayne040576, stick with it. Learn to parry with your shield for the first level. Once you unlock the ability to level up (talk to the woman with the glowing staff in the nexus) the game will start to get easier and easier.

NOTE: DO NOT CONSUME YOUR DEMON SOULS - I made this mistake at the start :( When you fight a large demon, save their soul, and read this link as to what you can do with them:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/demon-s-souls

Also, on the first level there are 2 levers you can pull that will open shortcuts that will stay open even you die.

I've found these 2 links invaluable (even though the walkthrough isn't complete yet) Trust me, you will need to read the wiki and figure out what you are supposed to do. The game is unrelenting and you won't be given any tips as to what to do next, who to talk to or what you should do with your demon's souls when you collect them.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/
    http://mycheats.1up.com/view/superguide/3169297/demon_s_souls/ps3

Talking about demon's souls. I got the Dragon Demon's Soul there yesterday.

What should I do with it? Here are my options:

* Freke - Fireball
    * Yuria - Firestorm
    * Urbain - Rage of God

get firestorm off yuria.

i got rage of gods on my first playthrough and now that i have firestorm in my second i regret not getting it in my first.

its strong enough to kill most bosses in two or three hits.

get firestorm off yuria.

Got it... pretty disappointed though. It will probably be good against bosses, but I can't see myself using it much before getting to the boss. I guess it will work if you use a sword mainly and just have magic as a backup. I'm mainly investing in my magic and ranged attacks (the lava bow is excellent as it buffs from physical and magic upgrades) so I don't really have 3 magic slots free to give to a spell I'll probably only use once per level. Against the gecko nest in 2.2 this should be very useful though.

Also, does anyone know when Patches starts selling Ephemeral Eyes and Sticky white stuff?

I think its after you've killed the 3 bosses per world. The old lady sells them too but that requires going through the valley of defilement. 50K souls a stone.

Speaking of which that Valley of defilement is the one level i hate, the fights against the giant goblins are too bloody tough with your mobility down to zilch in th swamp.

BTW firestorm is handy with the leeches bit(i'll say no more). How good is moving soul arrow? i went with the insanity catalyst(bad mistake) and thirst.

your not missing to much.
    its a strong spell but it has its flaws.you cast it and lock onto soomeone and after a few seconds it shoots but it misses quiet frequently and if they dissappear if they hit a wall or any other object.

i regret not getting thirst.

Thirst is only handy for 4-3 with the flying manta's. Its the only place where yo can get sufficent kills in the 30 seconds its last to make a difference, you need a min of 30 will to caste it, it uses up 100 mp. Actually must try it on a boss sometime.

Soulsucker on the other hand is ace, you have to be right up against your target to use it, but its a one shot kill and it doubles the amount fo souls you get. Won't work on demons but used it a on a few of the black phantoms to great effect. Particullarly handy for the slow moving bear bugs.

Can I ask is it possible to change your sex when you get game+1? I want to be able to use the silver bracelet.

no , you dont even play the tutorial its more or less straight into 1-1.

Thirst is only handy for 4-3 with the flying manta's. Its the only place where yo can get sufficent kills in the 30 seconds its last to make a difference, you need a min of 30 will to caste it, it uses up 100 mp. Actually must try it on a boss sometime.

I got thirst after defeating the old monk (had to actually do it offline as phantoms kept breaking in constantly and assuming the old monks body, regardless of if I was alive or a soul, when they'd break in you'd also be forced to watch the entire cut scene again without being able to skip it).

I don't have a will of 30 and am able to cast thirst. As I don't have soulsucker yet, I'm just using thirst (with the ring of avarice) then killing the reaper to get around 7500 souls then turning around and jumping off the cliff to reload the level, I then collect my soul, and repeat. Can usually get around 60,000 souls for 10 minutes (which by now only gets me 1 soul upgrade :()

How are you quickly killing the mantas in 4.3?

to kill the mantas pick up storm ruler in 4-3.Its where the two crystal geeckos are.With ring of avarice and thirst you get 60k souls, in new game+. In new game you get about 30k souls per run.

• Advertisement

to kill the mantas pick up storm ruler in 4-3.Its where the two crystal geeckos are.With ring of avarice and thirst you get 60k souls, in new game+. In new game you get about 30k souls per run.

cheers, also if it hasn't already been mentioned in this thread... KILL YURT... :eek: it was lucky I decided to explore around the Nexus and found him after I saved him. It was only when I went up to him when I was alive that I realized he was an enemy. Thankfully he hadn't killed any of the main vendors (he killed the magic vendor before Freke and the nameless guy over near near Urbain)

It would seriously of ruined the game for me if I'd come back to the nexus and one of the vendors had been killed.

Best to free him, then kill him then and there, you have to free him to get mephistocles and the foe ring.

As for the manta's and accumulating souls, bow and arrows with thirst is the best option. you can lock and kill quicker than the storm ruler, besides in new game+ without the ruler upgraded by colourless souls it'll take hits to knock them.

I keep meaning to ask, The old monk boss, did anyone bother to fight the blackphantom online or did you chicken out and go offline. All i know is i remember doing online, after 2-3 closish fights, some dude hit me as i came through the fog with moving soul arrow which killed me instantly. i then proceeded to plug out the network cable.

I keep meaning to ask, The old monk boss, did anyone bother to fight the blackphantom online or did you chicken out and go offline. All i know is i remember doing online, after 2-3 closish fights, some dude hit me as i came through the fog with moving soul arrow which killed me instantly. i then proceeded to plug out the network cable.

I did it offline. Having to constantly be forced to watch the cutscene, while they loaded into the game was irritating enough. But then playing griefer after griefer was just too much. After a while I realized there was no way I could kill the phantom at my current level.

Even with firestorm and numerous buffs (silver coronet, silver catalyst, ring of magical sharpness, kris knife) I could hit the phantom twice with firestorm and take about 80% of his health off, but then I'd have to consume some spice to recharge my magic, which gave the phantom time to roll away and consume a herb, completely recharging their health. After about an hour of wasting copious amounts of herbs and spice I finally gave up and did it offline.

You'd have to encounter a complete n00b online that would make enough mistakes to let you beat them.

bah old monk boss is hard in new game+, i actually was close to killing a black phantom till he dissappeared:eek:. must of lost his internet connection but it was pain in the arse as i coudlnt leave the boss area.

im playing offline from now on.

So one week on and I've already put over 10 hours into this which is a lot in a week for me. I'm still at the end of 1-2. Haven't killed the tower knight yet.

I know what to do but I need to hold off and get some items as I lost pretty much everything getting to him first time round.

From what I've read, killing him leaves an archstone right behind those 2 blue eyed knights who should be a good source of souls at this early stage.

Did you take out the dragon over the bridge?

Yeah it leaves an archstone, you can then fight the 2 knights, good place at the start for souls for leveling and late moon grasses. It won't be long before their souls are insufficent.

Did you take out the dragon over the bridge?

Yeah it leaves an archstone, you can then fight the 2 knights, good place at the start for souls for leveling and late moon grasses. It won't be long before their souls are insufficent.

I didn't kill the dragon. I am using a soldier character and have no magic yet plus I read it takes over a 100 arrows (that I didn't have).
    Unless there was another way that I don't know about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

If you want to farm souls early then you should see if you can kill the skeletons in 4-1. They're not too hard if you've already got a few levels and weapon upgrades and you encounter them quick when you enter the world. I killed them for souls (over 500 each) to buy arrows for shooting down the 1-2 dragon when I was at this stage.

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    If you want to farm souls early then you should see if you can kill the skeletons in 4-1. They're not too hard if you've already got a few levels and weapon upgrades and you encounter them quick when you enter the world. I killed them for souls (over 500 each) to buy arrows for shooting down the 1-2 dragon when I was at this stage.

Ok I'll give that a go. I just read that the dragon's soul gives 10,000 when consumed, hadn't realised that.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Onto new game+ now.... wish I'd leveled up more before finishing though :(

From advice on the wiki, I'm doing 1.1 again offline, supposedly it's rife with griefers trying to kill you because they know you will have a cache of souls from 4.4 and then the end game.

Does anyone know how you can become the boss for 3.3?

It's pure luck with becoming the 3-3 phantom. You just have to be within 20 levels of the dude playing the level.

to the few on this who are new to demon souls dont worry to much with levelling at the start.I happilly fought threw 1-2,2-1,2-2,3-1,3-2,5-1 all under level 40 or so. the 4th world was the hardest to fight threw the first time but only really attempted it when i needed to farm souls.

and to the others on newgame+ , i havnt noticed much of a difference:confused:

only in the power of enemies attacks? just me:confused:

only in the power of enemies attacks? just me:confused:

what weapons are people using?

I've got the winged spear up to +8 but I guess I'd like to use something that makes use of my magic ability (without having to always apply white sticky stuff)

Is the soulbrand or demonbrand worth using?

L31mr0d wrote: »
    what weapons are people using?

I've got the winged spear up to +8 but I guess I'd like to use something that makes use of my magic ability (without having to always apply white sticky stuff)
    I was using a winged spear +4 until I found a blessed mace +1 as the blessed mace does additional magic damage. Also blunt weapon does more damage to the skeletons in 4-1 which is where i go to get some souls if I need items. No need for sticky white stuff with that mace.

I've just found a dragon longsword +1 and upgrade it to +3 and it does more damage than anything I have and it has inherent fire damage so no need for oil turpine stuff.

I'm surprised you don't use a kris as you seem to be very magic focused and the kris increases magic damage. Then again, I'm pretty new to the game so a lot of the content I haven't seen.

combine demonbrand and soulbrand to get north regalia.

its probably the strongest sword in the game, although i could be wrong.

usally switch between that and my dragon longsword+5.

so what soul level is everyone?:)
    im roughly 120 or so.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised you don't use a kris as you seem to be very magic focused and the kris increases magic damage. Then again, I'm pretty new to the game so a lot of the content I haven't seen.

I do use the the Kris Knife but it doesn't do magic damage and does very little physical damage. I just use it, along with the ring of magical sharpness and the silver catalyst to buff my magic power.

But I'd like to start using a melee weapon and I'm wondering which I should be going for. I'm having a read of the wiki atm as I'd like one that gives me magic and dexterity bonuses. Was thinking about the rune sword but it does so little physical damage it wouldn't be worth upgrading. I'd like to get one that has a decent balance between physical and magical attacks. Might try out the Dozer Axe and buff it with "light sword"

Also, how do I combine the demon and soul brand swords?

For soul levels, yeah I'm around 120. Probably 118 or something. Haven't really touched upgrading faith and luck, mostly upgraded dexterity, magic, will and vitality.

to combine demon and soulbrand go to blacksmith ed(i think thats his name) in 2-1.

give him the false kings soul and youll get north regalia.it basically combines the effects of both swords. so whatever your world tendency youll still get a magic and physical attack bonus.

Currently soul level 176 on NG++, not as a big jump as NG-NG+, giant goblins still a pain in the a**.

as for use of magic in a weapon go moon based, moon winged spear etc. crescent weapons are good too, stamina recovers faster, i'm flicking between cresent kijii+5 or moon winged spear 5, depending on the enemy. with the kijii you can get in 3-4 hits for around 700-800 damage. moon winged i mainly use for armoured guys, where you won't get in many hits. have'nt really bothered with any of the unique weapons, the only thing i found north regalia hany for was against the dragon god, it'd knock the debris in 1 swipe. and of course get your vicious compund bow ASAP.

North regalia, you need the demon and soul swords, demon from the old one, soul from king doran. Then beat allant and combine his soul with the other 2. demon brandt works with soul tendency, for pure white\black you get +135. Have'nt really bothered with soul tendency yet.

and soulsucker is very handy against the bearbugs. BTW using it against black phantoms will not shift your soul tenedemcy to white.

Dozer Axe will kill your mobility, its not that great either, its basically a slower keel smasher it will knock opponent to grouind, but a turtle could get out of its way.

cheers for the tips, gonna upgrade a winged spear using moonstone.

Also, is it worth while killing all the NPC's in the nexus before I start newgame++? Do all of them come back again?

Also, King Doran.... has anyone killed him? What's a good weapon or magic against him?

doran is a hard charachter to kill with melee attcks and most offensive magic.

its basically a straight forward fight chip away at his health and try not to get hit or youll die.

or you can take the easy road , walk up to the door of the room hes in, slowly walk forward until your in range and cast posionous cloud or death cloud. if he starts walking toward you run back across the bridge until he begins to walk back. then just wait until he dies. itll take a few castings until he dies if your on newgame+.

• Advertisement

Yeah death cloud, in particular to track where he is. Then pop up every now and then to fire an arrow into him and run like feck. Or have good mobility, and a good sword.

worth killing the NPCs, i'm doing the mephistocles contracts at the moment, had to ake out the blue dude in the nexus, dirty beggar and vendor in world 1 to get my tendency black for mephisto to appear. Of course you have to have had freed yurt(i killed him 10 secs later). You'll get colorless souls off her and the talisman of beasts and its the only way to get the FOE ring.

Moving soul arrow has blown me away, took out flamelurker in 40 seconds with it, 1600 per hit. I don't know why i did not pick it up in ng or ng+. I'm actually going at the dual katana skeletons now, normally i went the slow way of bow\run\wait\repeat.

Must upgrade the crap out of the adjudicators shield, came up against a phantom with it and his regen was ridiculous.

Errrr, I got pushed down this trap in 4-2 last night to Saint Urbain. After freeing Saint Urbain I killed the guy who pushed me down. I was wondering who he was and just looked him up. It turns out to be Patches, the guy that sells me heavy arrows...duh.

It turns out to be Patches, the guy that sells me heavy arrows...duh.

Yeah he also would of sold you white arrows, sticky white stuff and ephemeral eyes later on in the nexus. I had to really resist the urge to kill him the first time.

I feel your pain, i did the same in NG and in NG++ the bearbug explosion somehow scared him off, have'nt seen him since.

So i've decided to stick with buffing magic. Been watching the phantoms and they seem to either max out magic related stats or they go for the strength. Came up against a black phantom for the 3-3 boss. My endure and vitality were around 34 each, i'd king dorans armour(one of the best fire defenses), i saw the phantom run to side of the entrance, i went through fog rolled imediately, he cast firestorm and it was game over, i was in full body form. The more i think about it there was no way around it. so defo getting my magic up to 99.

So i've decided to stick with buffing magic. Been watching the phantoms and they seem to either max out magic related stats or they go for the strength. Came up against a black phantom for the 3-3 boss. My endure and vitality were around 34 each, i'd king dorans armour(one of the best fire defenses), i saw the phantom run to side of the entrance, i went through fog rolled imediately, he cast firestorm and it was game over, i was in full body form. The more i think about it there was no way around it. so defo getting my magic up to 99.
    If you were blocking with the purple flame shield then should you not survive firestorm? Were you blocking? That shield should have 90% damage reduction to fire damage when blocking with it.

I usually run from exploding bearbugs but I am pretty sure I can easily survive the explosion if i am facing it and blocking. Must check later.

He dropped it the second i walked through the fog so i'd no chance for a shield besides it was the dark shield i had. Thought about it some more, next time i'm bringing anti magic field that should've sorted it, i'd say it'd have pretty much screwed the dude, because i'd say his Vitality\strength etc was nothing to mine.

Anyone have any idea where black phantom selen vinland is? its driving me nuts just need her to get weapons trophy . 3 playthroughs and no sign of her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

hi ,how long does it take to complete this game

I reckon you could do the 1st playthrough in around 50 or so hours. Of course you can keep on playing, i've 180 hours up now.

Yeah it's pretty good value and it's one of the few games fun enough for me to keep playing on new game plus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement