Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

02-01-2016, 21:15   #1
YellowSheep

Thai-Asian Food Lecture for Home Economics Students

I would like to give some introductiary lectures on the freshness and and health benefits of the ingredients in Thai-Asian Food and cooking.
Any suggestions how I would go about it? Would I need to contact the principle or would a chat with the teacher be enough?
Thanking you in advance.
Kind regards Oliver

Last edited by YellowSheep; 02-01-2016 at 21:25.
Advertisement
02-01-2016, 22:00   #2
spurious
Category Moderator

Send a letter to the school marked for the attention of the Home Ec. department.
Clearly state your price (if any), what you would cover and what the school would need to supply.
Leave the rest up to the Home Ec. teacher.

Make sure if you are charging that you have everything in order regarding tax etc..
Thanks from:
02-01-2016, 22:44   #3
mirrorwall14

Just to reiterate, price up front on the letter. I get a mountain of letters into my subject dept, if I can't find the price it rarely gets followed up on. Mainly coz it usually means it's too expensive
Thanks from:
03-01-2016, 22:33   #4
Millem

Yellowsheep I would prefer an email. When I get an email I reply pretty much straight away. My pigeon hole is overflowing with paper
Agree with other posters, put price on it if any! It sounds great for 4th year as a lot of schools do a module of "international cooking".
Thanks from:
11-01-2016, 18:35   #5
YellowSheep

Free Thai-Asian Cooking Lecture available

Dear Home Economics Teacher

My Name is mod snip and I am the mod snip for mod snip , which mod snip .

I understand that you have an International Cooking module. I would like to offer a lecture on Thai-Asian food free of charge as our way of educating the youth of Ireland in one area of cuisine.

The lecture would contain all info of mod snip There would be hand-outs and a possible tasting, if that is permitted.

I think such an exercise would particularly interest your transition year students, although this would be up to you.
I am looking forward to hear from you in the near future.

Kind regards

mod snip
mod snip

Ok thats enough name dropping for today OP,
thread closed.

Last edited by evolving_doors; 12-01-2016 at 00:27.
Thread Closed