Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

15-03-2010, 14:34   #1
bittihuduga

contents insurance for a tenant?

hi
i am a tenant and wanted to know if i can get contents insurance for my belongings in the house.
my owner has the house insurance but i was told that my contents are not covered.
is there a policy for tenants too?
15-03-2010, 14:44   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittihuduga View Post
hi
i am a tenant and wanted to know if i can get contents insurance for my belongings in the house.
my owner has the house insurance but i was told that my contents are not covered.
is there a policy for tenants too?
Yes this is correct - you can insure your contents on a house policy if you put your details down as being a renter. If you require any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Graham Weir
27-06-2010, 23:26   #3
irishproduce

Sorry for digging up an old thred, anyone got advice on where is a good priced contents insurance package for a tenant in rented accom (living alone)
I looked at two or three and average is about €150 - €200. Is this standard?

Thanks
Irish
28-06-2010, 10:57   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishproduce View Post
Sorry for digging up an old thred, anyone got advice on where is a good priced contents insurance package for a tenant in rented accom (living alone)
I looked at two or three and average is about €150 - €200. Is this standard?

Thanks
Irish
Irish

The premium will depend on a number of factors like where the property is and the level of cover you require if you log on to www.quotedevil.ie we will be able to give a quote in under a minute

Graham
28-06-2010, 14:53   #5
irishproduce

Thanks for that
Forum Closed