Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

roverjoyce wrote: »
    Hi Mick

Looking for a 4ft 6 mattress - medium price range and fairly firm
    Can you include a price for frame with drawers as well

I might upgrade

Delivery is to Galway
    Thanks

Hi

Biggest seller is The Vogue Ortho. cheapest way is buy a standard set for 399 euro and the add drawers at 40 euro each. Delivery is free. We were only in Galway on Thursday but nearly have another load ready for there again.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Hi Mickey,

I presume you are still delivering in Dublin at the moment.

I need a single (3ft) mattress for a bed i have to move a child into.
    IS there any you recommend. I was looking at the valencia
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Romero

Hi Mickey if someone orders new bed or matress off you do you offer disposal of the old bed? Dublin area btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Hi What's a good option for a single mattress for a kids bed?

Hasmunch wrote: »
    Hi Mickey,

I presume you are still delivering in Dublin at the moment.

I need a single (3ft) mattress for a bed i have to move a child into.
    IS there any you recommend. I was looking at the valencia
    Thanks

Hi Hasmumch,

I think you've got the wrong Mickey but always happy to help :)

Our Vogue mattress is our biggest seller in our normal line; https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-vogue-orthopaedic-mattress/

We also have some limited quantity of Breasley UNO mattresses.
    We have some 1000 pocket sprung 20cm foam @ 185 euro and then a memory foam version of this @ 199 euro which are selling very well.

Thanks

BigMickey

• Advertisement

Romero wrote: »
    Hi Mickey if someone orders new bed or matress off you do you offer disposal of the old bed? Dublin area btw.

Hi Romero,

We normally do offer this service (generally 25 euro) but due to COVID19 we have had to curtail it as the recycling centers are closed but speak to us and we can see what we can do for you; 086 8356888

Thanks

BigMickey

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    Hi What's a good option for a single mattress for a kids bed?

Hi Bhoy176,

What type of budget had you in mind for the mattress?

Thanks

BigMickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Hi

We will check stock in the morning. Does it have to be brown leather ?

Bigmickey.ie

nah not really

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Hi Mickey
    Looking for a queen mattress budget is around 500 to include delivery and recycle old mattress.

Haven’t a clue of the different types. Looking for the most comfortable one you have in stock.

Currently have a Simmons backcare non turn about 12 years off.

tinner777 wrote: »
    nah not really

Hi tinner777,

Just got checking our stock and we only have non drawer brown leather bases in stock but we can order it in for you. We will have lots of others in stock with 2 or 4 drawers or ottoman storage bases.

Thanks

BigMickey

• Advertisement

meath4sam wrote: »
    Hi Mickey
    Looking for a queen mattress budget is around 500 to include delivery and recycle old mattress.

Haven’t a clue of the different types. Looking for the most comfortable one you have in stock.

Currently have a Simmons backcare non turn about 12 years off.

Hi meath4sam,

By queen size do you mean 5ft or 6ft? We have lots of different options in stock anyways.

Thanks

BigMickey

Hi meath4sam,

By queen size do you mean 5ft or 6ft? We have lots of different options in stock anyways.

Thanks

BigMickey
    It’s 5ft wide and 6.5ft long or 2m x 1.5m

Hi tinner777,

Just got checking our stock and we only have non drawer brown leather bases in stock but we can order it in for you. We will have lots of others in stock with 2 or 4 drawers or ottoman storage bases.

Thanks

BigMickey

Hi, what colours in stock for the divan with two drawers?

Thanks

It’s 5ft wide and 6.5ft long or 2m x 1.5m

Hi

We will have an end of line model that will be discounted to suit your budget. Will let you know in the morning what we have when we check in the warehouse.

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks

Hi

We will have

Light grey

Dark grey

Biscuit

Plumb

Teal

and many more. What colour can you work with ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks

Light Grey

Dark Grey

Biscuit

Plumb

Teal

and many more. What colours can you work with ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Light Grey

Dark Grey

Biscuit

Plumb

Teal

and many more. What colours can you work with ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

hi, would prefer something dark but if not pm me the price of the chocolate with two drawers and i'll wait for it.

Thanks again

Hi

We will have an end of line model that will be discounted to suit your budget. Will let you know in the morning what we have when we check in the warehouse.

Bigmickey.ie

Any update?

hi, would prefer something dark but if not pm me the price of the chocolate with two drawers and i'll wait for it.

Thanks again

Hi tinner777,

PM sent.

Regards

BigMickey

Any update?

Hi meath4sam,

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Quick follow up here. Ordered Saturday, delivered this afternoon. Great communication all through. Delighted with the new mattress. Thanks Mick and Fiona.

Might go for a little siesta now to try it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

Hi Big Mickey,

A few questions about buying a new bed:

Is there a difference between a firm mattress and an orthopaedic mattress? My husband and I both have back problems and our current mattress is well past its "use by" date.

Is it true that a memory foam mattress can retain heat to the point of becoming uncomfortably warm? Some mattresses are described as being more breathable or cooler to sleep on, is this a reliable claim or just marketing from the manufacturers?

Does an ottoman or half ottoman base reduce how sturdy or long-lasting the bed would be? We would like the extra storage, but our priority is a really good quality bed and mattress.

Our old bed is king size, 150cm wide and we don't have space to go much wider, but we like the look of one of your wooden frame beds (Birlea Phoenix). The frame of the king size would be too wide, but if we opted for the double bed instead, the frame would come in at 150.5cm which we could manage. From your experience in the business, do people tend to regret downsizing? Would it be better to forget about a frame bed and stick with a king size mattress and base?

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Hi,

Just wondering would the be a boards special price for this?! https://bigmickey.ie/product/roche-5-dining-set-with-6-chairs/

Also how long would delivery take to Limerick?

Thanks!

Hi Big Mickey,

A few questions about buying a new bed:

Is there a difference between a firm mattress and an orthopaedic mattress? My husband and I both have back problems and our current mattress is well past its "use by" date.

Is it true that a memory foam mattress can retain heat to the point of becoming uncomfortably warm? Some mattresses are described as being more breathable or cooler to sleep on, is this a reliable claim or just marketing from the manufacturers?

Does an ottoman or half ottoman base reduce how sturdy or long-lasting the bed would be? We would like the extra storage, but our priority is a really good quality bed and mattress.

Our old bed is king size, 150cm wide and we don't have space to go much wider, but we like the look of one of your wooden frame beds (Birlea Phoenix). The frame of the king size would be too wide, but if we opted for the double bed instead, the frame would come in at 150.5cm which we could manage. From your experience in the business, do people tend to regret downsizing? Would it be better to forget about a frame bed and stick with a king size mattress and base?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Scribbler100,

Thank you for your post.

Orthopaedic is a general term used to describe a firm mattress. Lots of mattresses will be classed as orthopaedic but they will all feel completely different. There is also semi orthopaedic which is a medium firmness term.

Everybody reacts differently to memory foam, it all depends on your own body temperature. If you are normally a quite warm or hot person, you might react with it but some people don't react to it at all and love it. It is a personal thing. There are alternative options to memory foam which would be natural filled mattresses which consist of natural fillings like wool, cotton, silk etc, we also have latex and then gel which consists of the cooling materials.

We sell lots of ottoman beds and it does not effect the quality of the bed. There is generally just air or empty space under a standard bed frame or divan base if it doesn't have storage so why not make the most of that space!

I would suggest going for an ottoman divan base in a king size if you are tight for space as they are the exact same size as the mattress and do not take up any additional space. Even though the double mattress size is only 6 inches narrower and 3 inches shorter, there is big difference in sleeping space for two adults. The divan option would maximise the sleeping space for you and your husband but then it depends if you like the upholstered type of bed. Some people downsize but we find it more common that people upsize rather than downsize.

Thanks

BigMickey

Pacifico wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering would the be a boards special price for this?! https://bigmickey.ie/product/roche-5-dining-set-with-6-chairs/

Also how long would delivery take to Limerick?

Thanks!

Hi Pacifico,

What a pity, we have a van delivering in Limerick now around lunch time!

What colour were you looking for? The grey or the cream?

Regards

BigMickey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Hi Pacifico,

What a pity, we have a van delivering in Limerick now around lunch time!

What colour were you looking for? The grey or the cream?

Regards

BigMickey

Hi, ah that’s a shame! Looking for cream

Thanks

Pacifico wrote: »
    Hi, ah that’s a shame! Looking for cream

Thanks

PM Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

Thanks for the reply, Big Mickey. Have sent a PM.

Great service, product and value for money. Thanks Fiona

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Good afternoon.

Are you delivering to apartments? 5th floor with a lift in Dublin 1.

Looking for a super king premium. Equivalent to Harrisons - medium firm.

Thanks.

Advertisement