Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-02-2019, 13:01   #1
brianb10

Online glasses up to 80% off www.designerspex4less.ie

got a pair of specs here in december from a previous deal.
showed it to wife today and they are doing different deal.
ted baker €115 not bad
Advertisement
06-02-2019, 20:56   #2
Nabber

lINK - https://www.designerspex4less.ie/col...d-baker-frames
08-02-2019, 10:00   #3
nino1

some good deals.
free delivery too which is always nice
08-02-2019, 11:24   #4
Pique

I'm a new glasses-wearer and I'm not sure which style suits me. Currently just using the cheapo ones as my first pair. Is there a site that you can upload a headshot and simulate each style on your face?
(I hate going into Specsavers and trying on styles btw. I know, my own fault there).
08-02-2019, 11:42   #5
fisher8181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pique View Post
I'm a new glasses-wearer and I'm not sure which style suits me. Currently just using the cheapo ones as my first pair. Is there a site that you can upload a headshot and simulate each style on your face?
(I hate going into Specsavers and trying on styles btw. I know, my own fault there).
I use this app to get idea of what styles suit but then buy online elsewhere

https://www.specsavers.ie/specsavers-app
Advertisement
08-02-2019, 11:43   #6
ColdTurkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pique View Post
I think Zenni optical allow you to upload a head shot. Glasses are cheap too. I would measure a pair that are comfortable on your face before you proceed though. So you know where you stand.
https://www.zennioptical.com/?ditto=....google.com%2F
(2) thanks from:
08-02-2019, 19:27   #7
th283

Glasses direct let you upload a photo and do virtual try ons. They’ve a good first time order offer too - 40% all complete glasses over £49 and a free second pair. It worked out at about €37 delivered for 2 pairs, quality is brilliant too
Thanks from:
09-02-2019, 02:57   #8
masterboy123

Do they ship from Europe?

Because I had to pay custom tax on my Zenni order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th283 View Post
Glasses direct let you upload a photo and do virtual try ons. They’ve a good first time order offer too - 40% all complete glasses over £49 and a free second pair. It worked out at about €37 delivered for 2 pairs, quality is brilliant too
09-02-2019, 06:22   #9
RocketRaccoon

Forgive me for asking a possibly stupid question but as someone who only recently started wearing glasses for work, how would you get the correct lenses into these frames?
Advertisement
09-02-2019, 07:21   #10
Vic_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post
Forgive me for asking a possibly stupid question but as someone who only recently started wearing glasses for work, how would you get the correct lenses into these frames?
All the above are complete glasses, you provide your prescription and they are made to order. By law the opticians have to provide you with your prescription after your test is completed. The likes of specsavers or visionexpress will not volunteer it, they immediately push people into buying their glasses but you are within your rights to refuse and walk away with the prescription to order from someone else.

I recently bought 2 pairs from www.selectspecs.com for my mother, €33 including delivery and one pair had an extra charge for thinner lenses. Quality was fine, the metal ones were near identical to the previous specsavers ones she had paid several times as much for.

In fact she prefers the cheaper pair that cost €9 + delivery.

Last edited by Vic_08; 09-02-2019 at 07:24.
(2) thanks from:
09-02-2019, 09:47   #11
ColdTurkey

I did the Specsavers free eyetest. Left for an hour and came back and asked them for prescription. They weren't delighted but the only pair I liked in there were 250 quid.
09-02-2019, 09:56   #12
darragh o meara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdTurkey View Post
I did the Specsavers free eyetest. Left for an hour and came back and asked them for prescription. They weren't delighted but the only pair I liked in there were 250 quid.
I’ve had most of my glasses from Specsavers over the years but ended up needing a pair unexpectedly and had to use another optician. Turns out all those extras Specsavers pushed on me I didn’t really need.

I started getting them online and use 2 places and got some real designer frames.

Posheyes.co.uk ( highly recommended UK seller, great prices and a proper customer service )
Smartbuyglasses ( online and China based I think, prices are really good too )

As for finding the frames, well I visited vision express who have a good selection and took note of the numbers on the frame and ordered them that way.
(3) thanks from:
09-02-2019, 11:03   #13
tatranska

I use glasses2u.co.uk.
Based in uk
Thanks from:
09-02-2019, 13:37   #14
th283

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterboy123 View Post
Do they ship from Europe?

Because I had to pay custom tax on my Zenni order.
They are shipped from the uk so no customsat the moment
Thanks from:
09-02-2019, 22:35   #15
Bill nye

My last pair of Zenni ordered at start of Jan this year were shipped from Sweden.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion