Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Agadir, Morocco €87 roundtrip

Options
  • 04-09-2018 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Includes bags ...good deal specially in the February midterm

https://www.secretflying.com/posts/dublin-ireland-to-agadir-morocco-for-only-e87-roundtrip/

DATES:
    Availability from September 2018 to March 2019

Example dates:
    15th-22nd Sep
    22nd-29th Sep
    29th Sep – 6th Oct
    6th-13th Oct
    13th-20th Oct
    3rd-10th Nov
    10th-17th Nov
    17th-24th Nov
    24th Nov – 1st Dec
    1st-8th Dec
    8th-15th Dec
    15th-22nd Dec
    15th-26th Dec
    15th-29th Dec
    15th Dec – 8th Jan
    5th-12th Jan
    12th-19th Jan
    19th-26th Jan
    26th Jan – 2nd Feb
    9th-16th Feb
    16th-23rd Feb
    23rd Feb – 2nd Mar
    2nd-9th Mar
    9th-16th Mar
    16th-23rd Mar
    23rd-30th Mar

and more…

STOPS:

AIRLINES:
    Air Arabia

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Pretty much the same weather as The Canaries, been a few times, no issues

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Didn't include bags for me. Booked it there for February mid-term. Worked out at about €135 pp including 1 checked bag. Still a good deal, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

Nice enough spot agadir, was there a few years ago but the European tourists had stopped coming due to terrorism fears. That was before the fella killing the tourists on the beach in Tunisia so I doubt it got much better since. Few nice surfer towns up the road from it

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

I'm from Agadir my self originally from the north of morocco, about safety I will say its safer than Uk and France now the security is very tight, but Agadir had changed a lot more busy so I will say avoid it in the summer and B holidays and school H, the prices gone mad a cop of coffee could cost in some places up to €12 from €2 of course.
    If you want really to enjoy morocco go to north via London or Marrakech from Dublin with Ryanair. if you have any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Well I am not from Agadir but.....

I've twice been on holiday in Morocco where I flew to Agadir airport, took a taxi to Taroudannt (about an hour, not expensive) and from there went hiking the following day for 3 - 4 nights in the Ante Atlas mountains.

Its a fantastic short break and not expensive.

• Advertisement

Have been doing some research and I'll think we'll just stay in Agadir at the start and end of our trip and spend the rest in Marrakech. It seems pretty easy to get a bus to Marrakech.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

I reserved directly on the airline website paying luggage only on the return flight (to bring souvenirs). In the onward journey, I'll just travel Russian doll style, with backpack inside wheelie carry-on luggage.

Have been doing some research and I'll think we'll just stay in Agadir at the start and end of our trip and spend the rest in Marrakech. It seems pretty easy to get a bus to Marrakech.
    Sounds a good plan, if you are taking a bus from Agadir to Marrakesh I will advise to take CTM STCR OR Supratour they are the best buss in Morocco

Tombo2001 wrote: »

I've twice been on holiday in Morocco where I flew to Agadir airport, took a taxi to Taroudannt (about an hour, not expensive) and from there went hiking the following day for 3 - 4 nights in the Ante Atlas mountains.

Don't get me wrong Agadir city is crazy touristic place is expensive. Any place outside 20km is waaay cheaper

rabii wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong Agadir city is crazy touristic place is expensive. Any place outside 20km is waaay cheaper

Ive been to Agadir 8 or 9 times. I was there in February and will be going again in January. I didn't find it expensive at all. Obviously avoiding the tourist traps, dinner can be had in the city very reasonably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I’ve done this a few times. It’s the best way to get the best experience from a flight to agadir. I used to buy a package holiday but just use the accommodation in Agadir at the beginning and end of the trip. Only thing I’d add would be a day or two in Essaouira. It’s a worthwhile detour on the way to Marrakech. Very calm before the storm of Marrakech.

jakdublin wrote: »
    I’ve done this a few times. It’s the best way to get the best experience from a flight to agadir. I used to buy a package holiday but just use the accommodation in Agadir at the beginning and end of the trip. Only thing I’d add would be a day or two in Essaouira. It’s a worthwhile detour on the way to Marrakech. Very calm before the storm of Marrakech.

Thanks for the advice. Only have a week though so 3 places might be too much? I'll have a wife and 1yr old in tow!

Thanks for the advice. Only have a week though so 3 places might be too much? I'll have a wife and 1yr old in tow!

Ah, yeah, maybe with the kid it might be more hassle than it's worth. I only ever went on week-long trips (six nights). Two days in Agadir at the start, a day in Essaouira, two in Marrakech and a day back in Agadir to get the flight home. I hired a car so it was easy enough to move about. With the kid, I'd suggest sticking to Agadir and Essaouira, which is reasonably close, not touristy and really nice. Marrakech is chaos in a great way and certainly an experience, but it might be a bit much with the little one in tow.

Ah, yeah, maybe with the kid it might be more hassle than it's worth. I only ever went on week-long trips (six nights). Two days in Agadir at the start, a day in Essaouira, two in Marrakech and a day back in Agadir to get the flight home. I hired a car so it was easy enough to move about. With the kid, I'd suggest sticking to Agadir and Essaouira, which is reasonably close, not touristy and really nice. Marrakech is chaos in a great way and certainly an experience, but it might be a bit much with the little one in tow.
    We definitely want to go to Marrakech for the experience. We've already had our baby in London, Amsterdam, Thailand and Bali so we're pretty used to travelling with her already! 
    We'll need to sit down and see what works best.
    Could potentially do 2 nights Agadir, 1 night Essaouira, 3 nights Marrakech and 1 night Agadir.

We definitely want to go to Marrakech for the experience. We've already had our baby in London, Amsterdam, Thailand and Bali so we're pretty used to travelling with her already! 
    We'll need to sit down and see what works best.
    Could potentially do 2 nights Agadir, 1 night Essaouira, 3 nights Marrakech and 1 night Agadir.

You should be able to do it so. Sounds like a well travelled baby :-)
    Fair play to you for not letting yourselves be restricted by parenthood. Too many people do!

Booked flights with the wife, staying 3 nights, should I stay in Agadir?

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Booked flights with the wife, staying 3 nights, should I stay in Agadir?

Recommend a day trip to Essaouira. It’s not too far. You’d need two days for Marrakech. It’s a bit of a hoof from Agadir.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tombo2001 wrote: »

What sort of accommodation were you using for that? Sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

+1 for Essaouira.

If you sunburn easily though, be prepared. The coastal breeze can be deceptive as my gf found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gillamandango

Agreed and if you want to call into a loveLy fishing village on the way from Agadir to Essaouira, then go to Imsouane. The view from the top of the cliffs looking down onto the village is worth the spin alone. Look out for the goats in the trees and the kids that want a sheckle for you stopping to take a pic of the goat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Any family resorts in agadir to keep a 3yr and 5yr old occupied?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Looks interesting. I priced a decent hotel (for my standards) for €270 for a week.

Baggage isn't included for me from 9th until 16th February.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone care to guess when these prices will change? Strugfling to find anyone to go with me right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

brightkane wrote: »
    Any family resorts in agadir to keep a 3yr and 5yr old occupied?

tons of them - Check the sites of the likes of Sunway and Topflight and you'll see all the information from an "Irish" point of view.

The Iberostar Founty Beach would be a good choice for adults & kids - expensive at peak periods, but you can get great value off peak.

Agaidr is like a quiet version of Tenerife - clean and very safe especially in the tourist areas.

You have very little of the type of british ex Pats with restaurants trying to get you to com in (there's a little of this, but not a lot and its local ownership)

You also don't have a big nightlife - hence that type of tourist is not there either. Certainly for a quiet sun break, its a great destination and you have the option of exploring a great country too.

Very bad experience with Air Arabia. Flight delayed over 5h so decided not to fly and get a refund (as is our rights). Contacted them through their 40c a minute call center to get a refund on the day but still waiting over 10 days later to hear from them by email.
    Thankfully we did not go because we later learnt our normally scheduled return flight was cancelled and replaced by another one 5 days later.

Got a claim with ClaimAir to get some money back as per EU rights (felt preserving my sanity at a 25% cost by claiming with them was better than directly fighting tooth and nail with such a bad non-EU company) so confident I'll get something on the long run but still, can't recommend this airline!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Very bad experience with Air Arabia. Flight delayed over 5h so decided not to fly and get a refund (as is our rights). Contacted them through their 40c a minute call center to get a refund on the day but still waiting over 10 days later to hear from them by email.
    Thankfully we did not go because we later learnt our normally scheduled return flight was cancelled and replaced by another one 5 days later.

Got a claim with ClaimAir to get some money back as per EU rights (felt preserving my sanity at a 25% cost by claiming with them was better than directly fighting tooth and nail with such a bad non-EU company) so confident I'll get something on the long run but still, can't recommend this airline!

My parents had a similar experience. Flight was meant to be 11am instead changed to something like 5 or 6 pm the day before .. then when they got to Dublin told they had to go to Birmingham to pick up people on the way to agadir.... then on the way to agadir got diverted to Marrakech.. they didn't make it to agadir until 6am the next morning..

They had gone with them last year no issue.. but flights maybe aren't selling so it seems like they're using the one plane for the Dublin and Birmingham flight.. I imagine if you went to get the flight in Dublin you would of been sent to Birmingham as well

Advertisement