Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which MakeUp Brand do you buy mostly

Options
  • 02-08-2004 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

So girls (guys if ye wear it!), which make-up brand do you find yourself buying the most.

I like MAC eyeshadows & liners, Lancome's Foundation & Blush & my mascara is always Volume Effet Faux Cils by YSL.
    I'm not a lip gloss bitch at all, hate the stuff. Usually use vaseline on my lips

Which brand do you buy mostly from 6 votes

MAC
    0% 0 votes
    Lancome
    33% 2 votes
    Chanel
    16% 1 vote
    Boots No7
    33% 2 votes
    Other (if you select other, what do you use)
    16% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Maybelline, MAC, max factor.
    I like Benefit too, when I have the money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i use the boots number 7 stuff mostly, its cheaper and pretty decent. my mum got me two isa dora mascara's cause she gets a discount in the chemist she works in and they're very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilo moo

i'm quite partial to smashbox myself. i saw a sign for it in dublin airport recently so i think it's on its way to ireland! also a big fan of stila. i am a self-confessed lip gloss bitch - favouring duwop's lip venom. it make's your lips all tingly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

* Estee Lauder foundation
    * Boujois/Estee Lauder mascara
    * Anything else for eyeshadow, lipstick etc.

I don't mind spending more money on the foundation, as I've finally found one that matches my skin tone and doesn't look patchy after a few hours! I also would spend a little extra on mascara, just because my eyes water very easily (particularly with cheaper mascaras). Apart from that, anything goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Boots No.7 (good quality), Boots 17 and Maybelline(great mascaras).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I'm not sold on Maybelline mascara - specifically Great Lash. I often see makeup artists recommending it, and bought it once. I have never had to deal with such a gloopy mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

lilo moo wrote:
    i'm quite partial to smashbox myself. i saw a sign for it in dublin airport recently so i think it's on its way to ireland! also a big fan of stila. i am a self-confessed lip gloss bitch - favouring duwop's lip venom. it make's your lips all tingly :D

They often sell Smashbox makeup on QVC or Ideal World - can't remember which. I *think* you can also get it in Roches on Henry st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

vibrant wrote:
    I'm not sold on Maybelline mascara - specifically Great Lash. I often see makeup artists recommending it, and bought it once. I have never had to deal with such a gloopy mess!

I totally agree with you here vibrant.. My sis swears by Great Lash so i decided to buy it when i ran out mascara a few months back. Used it for about 2 wks and i hated it. Gave me big panda eyes & was clumpy plus it made my eyes water (and i dont have TOO sensitive eyes).
    Saying that, i LOVE Maybelline Full N Soft mascara. Perfect for day time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

I use Max Factor, and Estee Lauder when I have the money...Something about that expensive mascara that gets to me.../me loves it!

I perfer the Cinique Super Fit foundation and Merle Norman powder.

I don't wear much, but I like to fix up when I get the time.... :rolleyes:

~DR~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I can't live without my makeup - a combination of red cheeks and old scars from spots mean I have to wear it every single day

Foundation: Estee Lauder
    Concealer: Laura Mercier (best concealer known to man but very pricey)
    Powder: Shu Uemura
    Bronzer: Benefit Hoola (the only BROWN bronzer on the market!)
    Eyeshadow: Anything ranging from 17 to samples from Clinique/Lancome but love Urban Decay and Isadora
    Mascara: Maybelline Full & Soft (I also agree about how rubbish Great Lash is!)
    Lipgloss/ Lipstick: Chanel for lipgloss and Mac for lipstick

Who said I was high maintenance?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

rainglow wrote:
    I can't live without my makeup - a combination of red cheeks and old scars from spots mean I have to wear it every single day

Foundation: Estee Lauder
    Concealer: Laura Mercier (best concealer known to man but very pricey)
    Powder: Shu Uemura
    Bronzer: Benefit Hoola (the only BROWN bronzer on the market!)
    Eyeshadow: Anything ranging from 17 to samples from Clinique/Lancome but love Urban Decay and Isadora
    Mascara: Maybelline Full & Soft (I also agree about how rubbish Great Lash is!)
    Lipgloss/ Lipstick: Chanel for lipgloss and Mac for lipstick

Who said I was high maintenance?!!

OOH, must check out the Benefit Bronzer. I've been using Estee Lauder amber Bronzer for the past while but its gone now so i wanna try something new. (saying that, i did love the EL bronzer!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Foundation: Armani
    Concealer: YSL Touche Eclait under the peepers
    Powder: MAC studio fix, if any
    Bronzer: Bobbi Brown (the only BROWN bronzer on the market!) or Chanel Ultimate Bronze Cream
    Eyeshadow: Chanel
    Mascara: Lancome
    Lipgloss/ Lipstick: Dior lipgloss
    Blush: Nars convertable colour

Advertisement