Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-02-2020, 19:44   #1201
xckjoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperguy View Post
The whole plan is a result of research and modelling
The section you're referring to is discussing the National Policy and Guidelines and specifically the "Smarter Travel - A Sustainable Transport Future" policy document from 2009. It's got nothing to do with any local plans beyond national policy dictates (dictated?) that we should be seeking to achieve the 5 key goals and 6 targets it summarises on those pages.
Advertisement
21-02-2020, 19:45   #1202
Gremlinertia

Send a message via Yahoo to Gremlinertia
One of the fast food delivery companies had a post up on social media earlier saying they had suspended deliveries due to traffic and would advise when hey were taking orders again.
21-02-2020, 19:51   #1203
ben.schlomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs OBumble View Post
Everywhere?

Parkmore Rd is pretty much empty

The bus got thru the Briarhill junction at the first chance of the lights.

Ballybane Rd is flowing freely.

A very slight queue on Monivea Rd going in to Ballybane Rd.
Have to agree, we got out of town in 20 minutes to the East side at 420. Eglinton/Eyre Square moved fine and that was probably the slowest part of the journey, was expecting a lot worse from the posts on here earlier.
21-02-2020, 23:39   #1204
cooperguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.schlomo View Post
Have to agree, we got out of town in 20 minutes to the East side at 420. Eglinton/Eyre Square moved fine and that was probably the slowest part of the journey, was expecting a lot worse from the posts on here earlier.
All you had to do was look at Google maps this afternoon. All the centre of town was dark red. It was a disaster
Thanks from:
22-02-2020, 00:54   #1205
Storm 10

As I said and others all the problems were in the City once you got out it was grand so no point in posting about Ballybane or other places. It took me one hour and forty minutes to get from Westside to Ballybrit at lunchtime .
Advertisement
22-02-2020, 01:43   #1206
Mrs OBumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm 10 View Post
As I said and others all the problems were in the City once you got out it was grand so no point in posting about Ballybane or other places. It took me one hour and forty minutes to get from Westside to Ballybrit at lunchtime .
Someone said the problem was was "everywhere". It clearly wasn't.

I had lunch with a friend who travelled from Oranmore to Parkmore . She had no problems.
22-02-2020, 06:58   #1207
Ashleigh1986

Traffic in GALWAY CITY yesterday was as bad as it gets .
The pedantic posters on this forum are well aware of where the problems were yesterday .
Of course they weren't any issues around parkmore because a lot of workers aren't in that area on a Friday afternoon.
It was choas as I predicted it would be ... Because
Novena / midterm / shocking weather and throw in the damaged road at wellpark.
To many people in galway don't stop and think ...
All the sheep got in their cars because the kids were off school ,and weather was bad to head into the shopping centres .
It happens every single midterm off from school.
22-02-2020, 12:15   #1208
FitzShane

The cross at the huntsman is half closed again today.
22-02-2020, 12:20   #1209
zell12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzShane View Post
The cross at the huntsman is half closed again today.
Road Fail again?
Advertisement
22-02-2020, 12:28   #1210
Laviski

Quote:
Someone said the problem was was "everywhere". It clearly wasn't.

I had lunch with a friend who travelled from Oranmore to Parkmore . She had no problems.
This thread about traffic within the Galway city forum. If care was taken to look at traffic app it would have shown all routes within Galway city dark red.

Oranmore is in county Galway and so is part of parkmore. maybe crossing the outskirts of the city residential areas and possible briarhill s/c depending on what route was taken.

So poster was correct in saying in what they said. It would be more help is posters in this thread to stay on topic rather than derail such as this example.
22-02-2020, 12:38   #1211
ben.schlomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12 View Post
Road Fail again?
Fully repairing yesterday's issue it seems.
22-02-2020, 13:39   #1212
Mrs OBumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh1986 View Post
Traffic in GALWAY CITY yesterday was as bad as it gets .
The pedantic posters on this forum are well aware of where the problems were yesterday .
Of course they weren't any issues around parkmore because a lot of workers aren't in that area on a Friday afternoon.
It was choas as I predicted it would be ... Because
Novena / midterm / shocking weather and throw in the damaged road at wellpark.
To many people in galway don't stop and think ...
All the sheep got in their cars because the kids were off school ,and weather was bad to head into the shopping centres .
It happens every single midterm off from school.
So it's nothing which a ring-road will fix then: people simply need to catch the bus to the cinema, novena etc

And it clearly wasn't bad everywhere: I named lots of city roads which were just fine.
22-02-2020, 13:44   #1213
Discodog

Quote:
So it's nothing which a ring-road will fix then: people simply need to catch the bus to the cinema, novena etc

And it clearly wasn't bad everywhere: I named lots of city roads which were just fine.
The ring road would fix a lot - if & it's a big if, it's done properly. All of the Novena visitors, from outside the City, would use the ring road & then use Park & Ride. A proportion of the existing traffic jam vehicles would be out of the City & on the ring road.
Thanks from:
22-02-2020, 14:14   #1214
Laviski

Quote:

Sure could say the road outside my estate was empty and ask what are all the complaints...
Wellpark was blocked so traffic wasnt going to go that way to feed ballybane as you mentioned. Other areas u mentioned are in county galway or part thereof.

Arterial routes were bumber to bumber from city centre
Thanks from:
22-02-2020, 14:15   #1215
flazio

It would depend on how many east side workers take up houses on the westside. I could see it happen that Knocknacara residents would drive out to Barna, or the nearest access to the ring road, and use that to get to work in Parkmore, Ballybrit etc. If it remains single occupancy cars the whole way then the ring road could just become another gridlock.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion