Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressy Comfortable Ankle boots/shoes

Options
  • 02-10-2016 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey all. I smashed my foot and ankle up a few years ago and since then I haven't really made an effort to dress up. I'm usually running around in runners because I can walk all day in them with no pain. I have tried to buy comfortable shoes / ankle boots but I can't walk more than 15 mins. With my job when I'm not sitting at my desk I have to be running around to other areas, so a good bit of walking.

I have sketchers they are fab for walking around in and pomps /flats but I want something a bit more dressy with a tiny heel. I'm not gone on Flipflop footwear the front is very wide. I was told about London Fly but when you google them seemly they aren't lasting long and they are very expensive. I have bought Clarks shoes and ankle boots and I can't walk long in them either.

Anyone have any suggestions and experiences where they can walk around nearly all day in a dressy shoe or ankle boot with a dress and black tights (if it exists at all)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Are you sure it wasn't Stonefly that was suggested? Hush Puppies or Rieker might have something suitable. Among the cheaper brands Heavenly Feet might work but quality of their stuff can be hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭EmmaMurray2016

meeeeh wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't Stonefly that was suggested? Hush Puppies or Rieker might have something suitable. Among the cheaper brands Heavenly Feet might work but quality of their stuff can be hit and miss.

Ah brill I will try them :) thanks a mil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I don't do proper heels myself due to multiple knee surgeries but I find a low block heel fine for walking about in.

Blowfish do very walkable heels, as do Doc Marten, Fly London (I don't really like their stuff though), Marco Tozzi etc.. It's a bit hit and miss.

What exactly is the problem and could it be managed with supportive insoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

Would anything from foot solutions suit? http://www.footsolutions.ie/boots-womens_aw16/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I bought a pair of Ecco boots last February and they are like walking on a cloud. Seriously so comfy. I never thought I'd be wearing Ecco shoes this side of 50 but it's easy to see why the oul wans love them! They have some very in styles, worth having a look!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I was going to recommend Ecco as well. I haven't gotten anything from them but my friends that are nurses swear by Ecco shoes, and nurses definitely know about being on their feet all day!

I have boots from M&S that I'm recently getting into wearing for Autumn with jumper dresses and I go around all day in them, really comfy. From the Indigo range. Suede with a block heel. I got them last year but I'd say they have loads of similar ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

What exactly is the problem and could it be managed with supportive insoles?

+1

I think you should be able to get insoles that you can wear in a variety of shoes and boots. Go to a reputable person who knows foot problems. Wearing sketchers all the time isn't a long term solution.

Advertisement