Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor dining

Options
  • 15-06-2021 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭

Got great recommendations here before.

Somewhere for outdoor lunch on a Monday not fine dining more pizza and burgers cocktails but nice enough could be a nice pub or hotel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 suttonboi1

What area of the city are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Was at Platform 61 for the first time last weekend, highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Broadly city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

mariaalice wrote: »
    Brodley city center

Sounds like it's in the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Birneybau wrote: »
    Sounds like it's in the U.K.

London is a bit far as its only lunch and with the travel restrictions I wouldn't risk it;)

I do know someone who went to Barcelona for the day and had lunch in a really fancy restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭raheny red

Just for others wondering, the best restaurant in the city has the best outdoor set up from what I've seen. Shouk in Drumcondra is fantastic. Not opened Mon and Tues but defo try them out later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

Not to hijack the thread but heading to Dublin Friday and staying in the Stephens green area. Was thinking I might have to eat in the hotel but is there anything nearby that might be an option to get something to eat and a drink or two? Doesn't need to be fancy!

lausp wrote: »
    Not to hijack the thread but heading to Dublin Friday and staying in the Stephens green area. Was thinking I might have to eat in the hotel but is there anything nearby that might be an option to get something to eat and a drink or two? Doesn't need to be fancy!

Lots of options: head up to Merrion Row / Lower Baggot St area: lots of bars and restaurants there, most have some walk ins open- or at least did this evening. Hugos, Bang, O'Donoghoes, O'Reilleys, few other places there and then on Pembroke St Lwr Matt the Thresher and FXB. For sure you'll get something there...
    Also on Dawson St, the Mansion House has outdoor dining tables setup in their parking area (where the Christmas nativity/animals hang out, opposite Cafe En Seine) with picnic tables and parasols - BYO whatever/takeout etc, free to all on a first come basis - there were marshalls taking names for contact tracing purposes. Nice initiative.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Book now, or try to. If my experience in that area last Saturday night is anything to go by, booking is essential.

There's a big difference between demand on a Wednesday night and a Saturday night so places that the previous poster said were taking walk ins last night will probably not be doing so at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

Caranica wrote: »
    Book now, or try to. If my experience in that area last Saturday night is anything to go by, booking is essential.

There's a big difference between demand on a Wednesday night and a Saturday night so places that the previous poster said were taking walk ins last night will probably not be doing so at the weekend.

It will be for Friday night but I guess no difference to a Saturday night. I had a look at several places last weekend to try book but they were all booked up. We might take a walk around just for a stroll and if it works out great, if not we will eat in the hotel.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Well do a great pizza and decent pints - right on Stephens Green at the Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 strawberry queen 123

I'd recommend the PorterHouse Central just off Grafton Street - they were taking walk-ins last weekend & had lots of space (early on in the evening anyway!).

Advertisement