Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10X dead

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not massively surprising to me, the demand for the dual screen form factor was always a vague proposition, and having a new, custom OS seemed like a very long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

CatInABox wrote: »
    Not massively surprising to me, the demand for the dual screen form factor was always a vague proposition, and having a new, custom OS seemed like a very long shot.
    The Neo was indefinitely postponed a good while ago, and rumoured to be dead. It seemed like 10X was going to be positioned as a competitor to Chrome OS at that point. That makes it the third failed lightweight Windows OS (or fourth if you count Windows Phone).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

grassylawn wrote: »
    That makes it the third failed lightweight Windows OS (or fourth if you count Windows Phone).
    I'd count every incompatible release of Windows CE too.

Advertisement