Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 5 screen repair

Options
  • 23-07-2015 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for someone to repair an iphone 5 screen in Sligo town.

Ideally someone who could turn it round quickly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

dingding wrote: »
    Any recommendations for someone to repair an iphone 5 screen in Sligo town.

Ideally someone who could turn it round quickly

Jingle Jangle on wine St do them

Mobile Tech on Bridge Street,call 071-9199288

• Registered Users Posts: 43 yellowpens

So just like the first poster I was looking for a local iphone screen repair service that was based in Enniscrone Co. Sligo or Inishcrone as it is on the map and came across this website http://www.iphonescreenrepair.ie/repair/inishcrone/sligo

At first you would think these guys are local, but something just didnt seem right.

So after looking into these guys . . they just try to look to be local they are actually based in Dublin.

it seems that they just have delivery and drop off points where you can drop stuff off and collect it again when its done. . although the "local drop off point for Enniscrone is Colloney which is nearly an hour away by car.

One "Review" said:

Excellent service. Booked my repair online. Got a
    call back within the hour. Between booking, pick-up, repair and return to me in Inishcrone, I counted
    only 4 hours. Excellent service. Thanks.

They claim this was a review left on google+ none of the links to google plus bring you to a google + page and the main company has zero reviews

I can't find it anywhere.

This has to be a fraudulent review and there is no way that it got from enniscrone to dublin repaired in dublin and returned to enniscrone in 4 hours.

I have emailed them asking them to send me the link to the review and if they reply with the link I will post it here.

I started to ramble again as i tend to when i post but it annoys me to see this type of marketing online. . if they just concentrated on the local phone repair market and not try cover an area the other side of the country

So with all that said I did actually find the guys in enniscrone that I knew were good and were really local smashteck.ie give them a call and got it repaired no bother. and these guys do have real reviews!

The point im trying to make is just be aware! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Between booking, pick-up, repair and return to me in Inishcrone, I counted
    only 4 hours. Excellent service. Thanks.
    I dont think many people from Enniscrone refer to their town as 'Inishcrone'. Maybe I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

To be fair, I spent less than 5 minutes on their website and I decked they were dublin based. I never trust reviews that people have on their website, I am only interested in ones that are on independent sites as there's less chance of bias there.

Its not difficult to see that the 1 hour or 4 hour turnaround is a load of cobblers. They offer collection in every town, so basically they've a partnership with a courier service.
    Look at these the two reviews on the two pages below. Is there much of a similarity between the two? Its totally bogus to be fair

http://www.iphonescreenrepair.ie/repair/sligo/
    http://www.iphonescreenrepair.ie/repair/laois/

Lol, I was messing with the URL there. Its deceitful alright. I changed the end of the URL
    http://www.iphonescreenrepair.ie/repair/mybogusreview/
    and the reviews now show that they are in MyBogusReview - wherever that is. It also changes the title on the web browser

• Advertisement

A bit off topic, but who would you recommend to unlock the sim in a samsung galaxy s4 and roughly the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

What's that place on Bridge Street like? Mobile tech I think is the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

red sean wrote: »
    A bit off topic, but who would you recommend to unlock the sim in a samsung galaxy s4 and roughly the cost.

Sorry can't help you with the cost but the guy on the stand in Johnston Court outside Villa advertises that he unlocks phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

If more than 130 Euro in credit has been spent, I'm pretty sure you can contact provider and ask for them to send you unlock code. All you need is imei code.

6781 wrote: »
    What's that place on Bridge Street like? Mobile tech I think is the name.
    Went to Mobile Tech this morning and job done. €30. Excellent service and really nice guy. Recommended.
    @TBird, it was an ex-contract phone and O2 would email the unlock code in the next 2 weeks. Couldn't wait that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Went to Mobile Tech this morning and job done. €30. Excellent service and really nice guy. Recommended.
    @TBird, it was an ex-contract phone and O2 would email the unlock code in the next 2 weeks. Couldn't wait that long.

They have to get the unlock code from manufacturer,so they give 2 weeks as a guide. Sometimes it takes longer, sometimes quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Mobile Tech on Bridge Street,call 071-9199288

Thanks for the recommendation. They replaced the screen in a few hours and a great job.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

Advertisement