16-07-2020, 16:26   #16
Cheeky monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodee View Post
Can I make this with it?
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/NpHxGsk
Sort of.... Theres two types of printed an FDM and a Resin printer, the quality on that looks really good so I want to say its done using resin

To see the difference between the two check here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lRhZTdafE4
Advertisement
28-07-2020, 13:45   #17
Dingatron

Anyone pull the trigger on this? DHL shipped to An Post and currently sitting in Parcel Hub for the last 5 days so wondering if anyone else was the same.
28-07-2020, 14:04   #18
glasso

so has anyone actually done anything personally useful with their 3D printer?

many people seem to print 3 or 4 mono-colour star wars figurines and then it's rarely/ never used again

I can see some hobbies (e.g. models etc) really benefiting but not too sure about the case for most.
28-07-2020, 17:18   #19
Dingatron

For me it's really a new hobby as the winter months come in. I expect I'll probably get the most out of it from the initial build and setup, adding a few upgrades and Octoprint via Rasperry Pi for remote printing etc. I've a list of stuff I want to print and some family requests also. Lastly I want to learn how to design my own prints through Tinkercad or Fusion so it'll keep me busy for a while anyway.
(2) thanks from:
28-07-2020, 17:48   #20
drinkingwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
so has anyone actually done anything personally useful with their 3D printer?

many people seem to print 3 or 4 mono-colour star wars figurines and then it's rarely/ never used again

I can see some hobbies (e.g. models etc) really benefiting but not too sure about the case for most.
Spice rack, under cabinet echo show holder, pot, battery holder, various upgrades for the printer itself, plant clips, brio train track connectors, lego, duplo parts, etc

got my ender 3 Pro around 2 months ago. Lots of tinkering, but I love it. Have spent a few euros on upgrades like silent board, glass bed, silent fans, etc... Great hobby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200728_174134_copy_1200x1600.jpg (313.2 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200728_174159_copy_1200x1600.jpg (137.4 KB, 441 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200728_173904_copy_1200x900.jpg (168.4 KB, 424 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200728_173913_copy_1200x1600.jpg (286.8 KB, 436 views)
Advertisement
13-08-2020, 08:23   #21
mickotoole

I pulled the trigger on this deal. I got my printer about 2 weeks ago and for me it's probably one of the best buys I've made through BA. There are so many options available to print. I've printed some upgrades for the printer itself, I've printed some key chains for the kids with their names, I've printed a MacBook holder, I've printed accessories for the office. If you're into diy or gadgets (or both) this is the right job.

Thanks op for sharing this BA
Thanks from:
30-08-2020, 17:11   #22
el Fenomeno

What filament do people recommend for this and where is best to get it? I just pulled the trigger at €164.
30-08-2020, 18:05   #23
mickotoole

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Fenomeno View Post
What filament do people recommend for this and where is best to get it? I just pulled the trigger at €164.
I'm actually printing the same print right now using a different filament than the first and I can tell you that this filament is excellent, better than the other. The one I'm using now is PLA filament from a crowd called Geeetech. I can't find it on any of the slicing software but it's performing very well. The other filament I purchased was eSun PLA+ and it's been doing ok but I have been getting stringing issues etc. I purchased both spools on Amazon. Good luck and happy printing
30-08-2020, 18:27   #24
drinkingwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Fenomeno View Post
I use the basicfil pla from amazon, https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CSX..._ne-sFbYSZANZY
Advertisement
31-08-2020, 10:30   #25
podgeandrodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkingwater View Post
Spice rack, under cabinet echo show holder, pot, battery holder, various upgrades for the printer itself, plant clips, brio train track connectors, lego, duplo parts, etc

got my ender 3 Pro around 2 months ago. Lots of tinkering, but I love it. Have spent a few euros on upgrades like silent board, glass bed, silent fans, etc... Great hobby
So, in a nutshell, how long will it take before someone can understand this enough to 'print' something actually worthwhile - is this something that requires a lot of patience and learning or reasonably easy?

Does one of those £7.95 filaments make something bigger than a biro?
Thanks from:
31-08-2020, 14:00   #26
bluemachaveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by podgeandrodge View Post
So, in a nutshell, how long will it take before someone can understand this enough to 'print' something actually worthwhile - is this something that requires a lot of patience and learning or reasonably easy?

I picked mine up about a month or so ago (thanks OP ) and got up and running pretty quick. I spent the few days waiting for delivery by watching Youtube videos which really helped knowing what to expect with bed levelling and basic troubleshooting. 1kg of filament lasts for a good while.

Since getting it I've picked up a glass bed and replaced one of the hotend connectors (my fault for being rough). Overall if you have the money to spare, it's a great hobby. I've even managed to print some practical stuff such as a new leg for a couch and replacement clips for the retractable washing line.

Last edited by bluemachaveli; 31-08-2020 at 20:44.
Thanks from:
31-08-2020, 19:27   #27
mickotoole

Quote:
Originally Posted by podgeandrodge View Post

+1 on learning the basics mainly bed levelling. Once you've got your bed levelled it's pretty easy to get up and running.

The unit comes flat packed so there is some assembly required at first but again YouTube is your friend here. I had it assembled and printing within an hour.

€7.95 filament might cause issues with your print.
Thanks from:
31-08-2020, 19:50   #28
Esel
Not your ornery onager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemachaveli View Post
I just finished printing the Sliding Legolini cross bow, building it as we speak. Took about half a roll of filament I'd guess and it's a pretty big print.
Crossbows are illegal in this country, in case you didn't know.
Thanks from:
31-08-2020, 20:43   #29
bluemachaveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esel View Post
Crossbows are illegal in this country, in case you didn't know.
I did not, probably should have checked that first. Thanks for the heads up.
31-08-2020, 20:55   #30
podgeandrodge

How strong is the stuff these print? Is it like hard plastic or wood strength? Could you sit on a table made with it? Thanks for previous answers.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion