Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime: RAVPower 40W USB charger £8.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

cheers op. bought one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Spotted this earlier on HDUK also, bought one.

Handy to have for travel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

bought one, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I have the 3-port one of these, cost me about 12/13£
    Well worth it. Charges even 2 devices at the same time quite rapidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Getting tj Samsung S20+...would this be a good idea to get as opposed to the one coming with the phone? As it's definitely not a 40w charger coming with it

Edit: deal expired guys..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭iHungry

I saw a review stating there was not much of a gain with a higher watt charger for the S20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Is this for iphone\pads etc. ?

iHungry wrote: »
    I saw a review stating there was not much of a gain with a higher watt charger for the S20

I'll get it anyway. Will be a good travel plug for my phone, GoPro and power bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Back up to £16

Got my charger today.

It's charging my Samsung S10 SLOWER than its normal charger which is not 40W.

Surely it would at least match the normal charger charging speed?

The phone is only cable charging with this charger. Not fast charging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Got my charger today.

Seem to be seeing the same thing. Used Ampere to measure charge and it looks like it's fixed 10W per outlet I think?
    I thought it would "smart" change the output based on how many devices charging. Might've been wishful thinking!

Got my charger today.

The S10 supports only up to Quick Charge 2.0 (15 W), it won't charge faster than 15 W. The Samsung charger that came with the phone is QC 2.0 compatible so it will charge the phone at 15 W. This charger can only potentially charge the S10 at a max of 15 W as the phone does not support anything larger, but it will in fact charge at a rate less than 15 W because this charger is also not QC compatible.

dos29 wrote: »
    Seem to be seeing the same thing. Used Ampere to measure charge and it looks like it's fixed 10W per outlet I think?
    I thought it would "smart" change the output based on how many devices charging. Might've been wishful thinking!

Well that was misleading. I might just return it.

Well that was misleading. I might just return it.

It wasn't misleading, it does state in the description that it doesn't support QC.

But you should indeed return it and get something similarly-priced like this which will charge at 15W. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Mine just arrived. Solid unit. Working great. Thanks OP

It wasn't misleading, it does state in the description that it doesn't support QC.

But you should indeed return it and get something similarly-priced like this which will charge at 15W. :)

no free returns on amazon anymore unless something wrong with it?

glasso wrote: »
    no free returns on amazon anymore unless something wrong with it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161002

Edit: If you're referring to the price to return it back, they will refund it if you ask them in chat, or simply say you felt you were mislead as you thought it was QC compatible.

eh yes, exactly.

Amazon will refund the cost of sending an item back to us if it’s defective, damaged or incorrect

not seeing how the item is any of those if it is working as described which apparently it is.

Edit: If you're referring to the price to return it back, they will refund it if you ask them in chat, or simply say you felt you were mislead as you thought it was QC compatible.

mislead as in didn't read it properly :pac:

mislead as in didn't read it properly :pac:

Mislead? I used the word mislead in stating that the item was not misleading as the product description stated it did not support QC, I'm not sure what you are referring to. Is it you who misread something?

• Advertisement

fact is that it works as described.

not defective.

you said "felt you were mislead" above

hence my reply.

not sure how you missed that :confused::confused:

fact is that it works as described.

not defective.

you said "felt you were mislead" above

hence my reply.

not sure how you missed that :confused::confused:

And as I stated, Amazon will always let you return the item for free if you explain to them that you thought the item was compatible with something but it wasn't. Not sure what the confusion is.

If you are suggesting that if I bought this item right now that I wouldn't be able to return it for free, you are incorrect. 30 seconds on Amazon chat and job done.

Advertisement