Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooking caravan up at home and leisure battery

Options
  • 26-02-2020 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi. First time caravan owner. I have some questions.
    Is it ok to use the 3 pin to round socket connection to power up the caravan at home.
    There is also a leisure battery in my van. What should I do with that for the winter.. I presume everything gets powered off during winter?
    Thanks.
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Yes of course, assuming you have a built-in battery charger once you connect to hook up, you could give it a tip up charge every month or so or run a dehumidifier.
    Does your van have hook up or just a split charger? Do you drive it often?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Moggaman

Alkers wrote: »
    Yes of course, assuming you have a built-in battery charger once you connect to hook up, you could give it a tip up charge every month or so or run a dehumidifier.
    Does your van have hook up or just a split charger? Do you drive it often?

Only bought it last week. It’s in my yard. Bailey Pageant 2006. Assume there is a built in battery charger ...it has hook up.. don’t know what you mean by split charger .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Moggaman wrote: »
    Only bought it last week. It’s in my yard. Bailey Pageant 2006. Assume there is a built in battery charger ...it has hook up.. don’t know what you mean by split charger .

Sorry by van are you referring to the same caravan? I thought you meant a seperate van.

If the same caravan, you can leave battery in if you're plugging it in every now and again. You'll want to read up on your electrics to ensure it has a mains battery charger but I'd be surprised if it didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

It's a blue plug you have . This is 220v. Theres an adapter you can buy to do the connection

Advertisement