Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed

Options
  • 23-02-2020 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Just looking for a bit of advice. I am currently thinking about handing my notice in at work. I have worked there nearly 2 years. I am at my wits end. I do not not like the job any longer. When I was hired I was hired for a different role and when I got there that role changed significantly. I just gone on with it as best as I could. Then, a few months ago a new man started and he started acting like he was my boss etc. When i asked him was he my boss, he replied that as far as he knew he was. I found out after he wasn't. Very bad management structure in place. Aside from all of that the long daily commute and child care stress is burning me out. The GP has said to me that it is simply too much. I drive to work daily with a dread of anxiety in my stomach. I don't know what to do and its eating into every part of my life. I don't know what I should do, advice needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

socute14 wrote: »
    Just looking for a bit of advice. I am currently thinking about handing my notice in at work. I have worked there nearly 2 years. I am at my wits end. I do not not like the job any longer. When I was hired I was hired for a different role and when I got there that role changed significantly. I just gone on with it as best as I could. Then, a few months ago a new man started and he started acting like he was my boss etc. When i asked him was he my boss, he replied that as far as he knew he was. I found out after he wasn't. Very bad management structure in place. Aside from all of that the long daily commute and child care stress is burning me out. The GP has said to me that it is simply too much. I drive to work daily with a dread of anxiety in my stomach. I don't know what to do and its eating into every part of my life. I don't know what I should do, advice needed.

Get out, asap.

Your health comes before all of this.

Either hand in notice and leave, or get a letter from your gp and apply for illness benefit.

I left my soul draining job ten days ago and I have never felt so free and happy.

socute14 wrote: »

Get another job, the same as anyone else with children and other responsibilities, when they don’t like the job they have.

Advertisement