Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery time from NL?

Options
  • 30-01-2020 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

Ordered an item mid last November through ebay (paid with PayPal) which never turned up. Contacted seller, and on December 25th they sent a reply with a new tracking number.

The tracking number didn't work (no records of it anywhere), so contacted them through PayPal last week (so that I can raise a chargeback).

Since I contacted them, the tracking number they sent in December is now showing in https://t.17track.net/

2020-01-24 10:56
    The item is on transport to the country of destination

2020-01-23 11:03
    The item is processed at the PostNL sorting center

2020-01-23 11:03
    The item is at the PostNL sorting center

The original tracking link they sent me doesn't work.

1. Does anyone know if 17track is reliable? It looks OK
    2. Any ideas how long things normally take to come from NL? The tracking number isn't showing up with AnPost yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

3-4 days for my last one. 17track is quite good and it should show you when the item arrives in ireland but that depends on the service used. What are the first 2 letters of the tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

3-4 days for my last one. 17track is quite good and it should show you when the item arrives in ireland but that depends on the service used. What are the first 2 letters of the tracking number?

LX123456789NL

I'm probably being overly suspicious - on ebay the item was supposed to be coming from the UK, then the PayPal transaction was to a name of Chinese characters (translating to "Placename Technology Co Ltd"), and now the parcel is apparently coming from the Netherlands. I have until mid-Feb to start the chargeback with PayPal. It's not a huge amount of money, but I was wondering if this "shipment" is some kind of fake to delay things past the PayPal deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thoie wrote: »
    LX123456789NL

I'm probably being overly suspicious - on ebay the item was supposed to be coming from the UK, then the PayPal transaction was to a name of Chinese characters (translating to "Placename Technology Co Ltd"), and now the parcel is apparently coming from the Netherlands. I have until mid-Feb to start the chargeback with PayPal. It's not a huge amount of money, but I was wondering if this "shipment" is some kind of fake to delay things past the PayPal deadline.

lx is the cheapest airmail service so i wouldn't be too worried just yet. i dont think they can be tracked once they reach ireland from what i can remember. as for being genuine then it looks like it is a legitimate tracking number if 17track is showing that info. Of course that doesn't mean it is being sent to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

The item isn't a laptop battery or similar is it?

I've ordered a few over the years from China, and with them being classed as hazardous they've always been shipped via PostNL, and have arrived to me in Dublin after around a week once they hit the Netherlands.

The item isn't a laptop battery or similar is it?

I've ordered a few over the years from China, and with them being classed as hazardous they've always been shipped via PostNL, and have arrived to me in Dublin after around a week once they hit the Netherlands.

That's exactly what it is! I didn't think I was ordering from China (on ebay the item location, or whatever, was "UK"), and I thought I was getting OEM, but we'll see. It's still saying the item is "on transport" to country of destination, so I'll give it another week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CiaranIRE

I ordered a laptop battery from irelandbattery.com on the 5th of December. Website kind of implied the battery was coming from Ireland or Netherlands, but got posted from China through PostNL.

14-01-2020 10:01 The item has been delivered successfully IRELAND
    14-01-2020 07:33 The item is at the local sorting centre
    14-01-2020 02:01 The item has been processed in the country of destination
    07-01-2020 10:13 The consignment has arrived in the country of destination
    07-01-2020 10:13 The item has arrived in the country of destination
    03-01-2020 11:41 The item is on transport to the country of destination
    28-12-2019 08:33 The item is processed at the PostNL sorting center
    28-12-2019 08:33 The item is at the PostNL sorting center
    24-12-2019 19:49 Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre
    24-12-2019 11:20 The shipment is handed over to PostNL
    16-12-2019 08:56 The item is ready for shipment
    13-12-2019 02:04 The item is pre-advised to PostnL
    06-12-2019 09:51 The Item is at the shippers warehouse

I think Paypal give 180 days to put a charge back request.

Update - the package is in Ireland, and was "out for delivery" yesterday with AnPost. Despite receiving another package yesterday, the postman said he didn't have anything else. Yet at 5:40pm yesterday the package was marked as delivered at 6pm...

Called AnPost this morning, and they can see that it must have been accidentally marked as delivered when it returned to the office last night, and they say it will come out for delivery again today, but the system might or might not be updated.

Obviously (and reasonably), the seller is saying it's marked as delivered and want me to hit resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Thoie wrote: »
    Update - the package is in Ireland, and was "out for delivery" yesterday with AnPost. Despite receiving another package yesterday, the postman said he didn't have anything else. Yet at 5:40pm yesterday the package was marked as delivered at 6pm...

Called AnPost this morning, and they can see that it must have been accidentally marked as delivered when it returned to the office last night, and they say it will come out for delivery again today, but the system might or might not be updated.

Obviously (and reasonably), the seller is saying it's marked as delivered and want me to hit resolved.

Ask them for a copy of the POD with signature(ask them to prove it delivered).. Should keep them busy for a few days

It finally turned up (after multiple calls to An Post). They hadn't lost it, but it had been swiped back in as "delivered" accidentally. There were confusing messages about whether the tracking could be updated or not. It eventually came out with a strange postie (didn't know the urban area) - apparently they were a bit snowed under with all the extra electoral stuff. It works fine, and I closed the PayPal case.

Advertisement