Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment for online order went in 3 times

Options
  • 28-01-2020 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭

I was doing an online order from the States. The payment section came and when I pressed the pay now option, a notice came up saying something like - payment address doesn't match. I was using addresspal for the delivery option. From what I saw, the order didn't finish.

I did the process again but with my Irish address for the billing address and same thing happened.

Third time and I used PayPal.

I checked my online banking to see the order went in 3 times and payments were taken 3 times.

How do I fix this and get my money back for two out of three of these payments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I checked my email. I got one order confirmation from the company I ordered from. Theres another email from PayPal.

The order confirmation says it's paid by PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

I'd email the retailer using an address there will be on the order confirmation (forward it so they have the details) and explain the situation (US firms pretty good customer service wise).

You could also call your bank to see of they can see the 2 debits going through or are they only pre authorisations only.

Sounds like PayPal went through, at least with that you can query the payment if the retailer won't help you out.

Fireball81 wrote: »
    I'd email the retailer using an address there will be on the order confirmation (forward it so they have the details) and explain the situation (US firms pretty good customer service wise).

You could also call your bank to see of they can see the 2 debits going through or are they only pre authorisations only.

Sounds like PayPal went through, at least with that you can query the payment if the retailer won't help you out.

Thank you so much for helping. It appears as if its pre authorisations. I emailed the retailer already.

Advertisement