Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 amc112

Any idea what number have been interviewed for Tipperary? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 outta

Is there a thread for the EO with fluency in Irish?

I had my interview during the week. JUst curious if anyone else had it...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭yessiryes

outta wrote: »

Yeah I had mine. Wasn't too bad. Where are u based? Outside of Dublin I can't see there being many job at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Deegene

UPDATE FOR KERRY
    "The number called for Kerry to interview remains at order of merit 41. We have no current plans to call anyone further just at the moment, however if and when we do and should we reach your order of merit, we will notify you via your message board".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I am number 80 on Interdepartmental for Kerry whats the chances of me being called?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Deegene

I am number 80 on Interdepartmental for Kerry whats the chances of me being called?

41 is where they are at with the open, I think Interdepartmental is a lot less. Im not holding out much hope on this competition😣

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

interdepartmental for Kerry is 21 for interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

Hi, would anyone here be able to tell me what is the email address to use to send a query about this competition please. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

PAS told me today that the panel will expire in January 2021.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Maestro85 wrote: »

Grand, I can put this one to bed so and wait for the next one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

The current one has barely started:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

Makes you wonder why we're all dragged through this purgatorialy slow process if they barely do any interviews/appointments at the end of the day :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭3ke6pn2v0zwsi7

Yes, I got results today, got fairly high marks in telephone interview, surprised am so low on OOM (58).

yessiryes wrote: »
    Yeah I had mine. Wasn't too bad. Where are u based? Outside of Dublin I can't see there being many job at all!

I can imagine that it will be a handful in the wilderness!!! I’m in Kerry. We have a few bits n bobs here. I know tourism and sport dept in killarney. Etc.

How u get ok with interview? I got email there with rankings. I assume it’s a nationwide ranking?

Yes, I got results today, got fairly high marks in telephone interview, surprised am so low on OOM (58).

I’m 102. My spoken irish left me down. Only 110 outta 200. Rest were high enough at 70

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Is there something about having to have someone with fluent Irish in each office?

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Is there something about having to have someone with fluent Irish in each office?

I’m not sure if it’s every office or location ? They do want 20% overall with irish.

I wonder how many applied for the roles?

I’m not sure if it’s every office or location ? They do want 20% overall with irish.

I wonder how many applied for the roles?

It is my belief that circa 150 were in the telephone interview stage. I wonder will the interviews be demand lead for locations?

Ollie321 wrote: »
    It is my belief that circa 150 were in the telephone interview stage. I wonder will the interviews be demand lead for locations?

Did u do interview? How u get on?

I would assume but who knows that oom 1 who is from Dublin won’t be offered a job in Kerry?

But stage 2 will be much tougher as well.

Did u do interview? How u get on?

I would assume but who knows that oom 1 who is from Dublin won’t be offered a job in Kerry?

But stage 2 will be much tougher as well.

If it was demand lead by location only the people who requested Kerry would be interviewed?
    I think they have no idea how may vacancies will be or where so its very difficult to predict anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Gaeilgeoir_Dub

Have those who did the Irish phone interview last week applied for the Irish stream of the EO comp 2019 or for the specific Irish EO position which only kicked off at the end of 2019? I'm wondering if they have merged the two? I only applied for the EO Irish position in December 2019 and ranked 62 in OOM.

Have those who did the Irish phone interview last week applied for the Irish stream of the EO comp 2019 or for the specific Irish EO position which only kicked off at the end of 2019? I'm wondering if they have merged the two? I only applied for the EO Irish position in December 2019 and ranked 62 in OOM.

I think the EO irish is totally different to Oifigeach Feidhmiuchan le gaelige liofa.

There is also now a Eo irish position in Dublin. See the publicjobs site

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Alan1473

Can ye setup a seperate thread for the EO Irish please? Making me scroll extra pages and it is difficult enough as it is to find someone in the same boat as me with locations etc :)

Alan1473 wrote: »
    Can ye setup a seperate thread for the EO Irish please? Making me scroll extra pages and it is difficult enough as it is to find someone in the same boat as me with locations etc :)

Why don’t you set it up and show the Gov what an industrious worker they would have!!! Ha ha.

Got stage 2 interview to set up now for OF me gaeilge liofa

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tá Gaeilge deas agat, ní theastaíonn ach beagánín cleachtadh

Mod, post in English or don't post at all

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MontCristo89

This thread was such a helpful and informative place. It’s a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭3ke6pn2v0zwsi7

Stheno wrote: »

I will post in either English or Irish, as is my right.

Stheno wrote: »

We aren’t posting about anything apart from the same EO 2019 thing. So calm down please.

It’s amazing how negative people get toward the irish language.

If everyone spoke a bit of irish then there wouldn’t be the need to create this irish part of the EO 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 MontCristo89

No one is against the Irish language. It’s annoying that the thread is being spammed by basic Irish in response to a legitimate suggestion by Alan. I say basic because it clearly is and if you were any better at it you might have placed higher.

People who are looking for information on stage two and three will have to scroll through 141 pages of information and you’ve added nothing to that except make it longer.

It’s your aggressive and rude response to a reasonable request that’s the issue here.

Advertisement