Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lenovo M10 32GB €119.99

Options
  • 27-02-2020 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

25% off on Argos at the moment. Lenovo site has them listed at €179.9.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7660869/Trail/searchtext%3ELENOVO+M10.htm

I picked up one of these earlier after spotting a thread on HUKD. 32GB, 3GB RAM, 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa core processor running Android Oreo with a USB C charger.

Build quality is better than I expected. Main negative on the HUKD thread is that this doesn't support Netflix HD.

Comments

donnacha wrote: »
    Main negative on the HUKD thread is that this doesn't support Netflix HD.

I would imagine it would still play in HD if you use the browser instead of the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm surprised it's using the snapdragon 450. That chip is almost 3 years old!

Maybe an older version of the Netflix app would work on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Does any Netflix app work on it?

Does any Netflix app work on it?

The app works, but it streams in SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

The app works, but it streams in SD.

Ah sure that will do the kids won't really notice that. Might take a punt and get one tomorrow

• Advertisement

Ah sure that will do the kids won't really notice that. Might take a punt and get one tomorrow

This tablet for about 10 euro more is better if you don't mind using Parcel Motel. etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Argos always sell old models just because it’s new it could be a few years old

torrevieja wrote: »
    Argos always sell old models just because it’s new it could be a few years old

It was released last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

What’s your opinion on the Vostro 5590, is there similar better specs for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

This tablet for about 10 euro more is better if you don't mind using Parcel Motel. etc. :)
    It's a €110 of so dearer by my calls & it's out of stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Fair play to the eyesight if those that would notice the difference between SD and HD on a phone screen. .
    Thanks for the heads up OP

It's a €110 of so dearer by my calls & it's out of stock

Price was £110 yesterday when it was still in stock.
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/huawei-mediapad-m5-lite-10-3414265

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Price was £110 yesterday when it was still in stock.
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/huawei-mediapad-m5-lite-10-3414265

I'm just never fast enough........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

kippy wrote: »
    Fair play to the eyesight if those that would notice the difference between SD and HD on a phone screen. .
    Thanks for the heads up OP

I would agree with 720P v 1080P but on a 10" tablet, there is a difference between 480P and HD.

nice one, just grabbed last in jervis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Cheers, OP. Got one yesterday @ €120 - back up to €170 today.

Time to mark this BA expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

Curious to hear people’s feedback on these... was tempted to grab one for something bigger to browse the internet the train to work... how do they compare to iPad? What’s the battery life like? Thanks!

cant help you with ipad comparison but im very happy with it

good size, screen is absolutely fine for netflix, its a big upgrade performance wise from the fire hd id been using for reading/browsing/watching.

good quality feel to it, battery also fine.

anyone have a case recommendation, preferably one that allows for a strap/one handed holding?

Advertisement