Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returned item not received

Options
  • 15-01-2020 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I ordered a jacket as a Christmas present recently. It was delivered before Christmas but was too big so I requested an exchange for a slightly smaller size. The item was sent back on Dec 19th via the work mail room but was not sent recorded delivery (cost about €30 to send regular post!). Inevitably, when I contacted them a couple of days ago to see what was happening, they asked when it was signed for by their warehouse as they had no record of it.

So I'm wondering, before this all kicks off, do I have any comeback at all if they just shrug their shoulders and say they never received the return? It's a relatively small company, so not Amazon-type resources behind them. I haven't replied yet to say that I can't tell them when/if it was delivered, but I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear it. Any advice on the best way to proceed appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The only way I can see this going in your favor is if they come across it in their warehouse. It is up to you to prove they received it unfortunately. As the above poster said, it's always worth sending things back using a tracking service.

Advertisement