Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweating

Options
  • 27-02-2020 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I constantly find myself to be warm and I could start sweating just by thinking about it. I am a reasonably fit man , I could afford to lose a few pounds but nothing serious. I could be in an Igloo and Id still be warm and clamy and once I do start it really bothers me and I start to sweat more its a lose lose situation :mad:

Anyone else have this happen to them ? Is there certain food or drinks that can cause this to happen and is there any foods I should avoid ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Get your bloods done to make sure there is nothing medical. For example thyroid issues can cause issues with excessive sweating.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GerPen2015

bee06 wrote: »
    Get your bloods done to make sure there is nothing medical. For example thyroid issues can cause issues with excessive sweating.

Isn't thyroid something that develops in later life? , Albeit I am 35 now but I can rememeber having this problem since teens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Not sure about the heat part but I sweat 24/7. I could stand naked in the Arctic and I'd sweat it's very annoying and can be embarrassing. I casually asked a doctor once and he said it's just the way your born. Something to do with nerves being too close to your sweat glands so the glands are being constantly stimulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

There are strong antiperspirants you can get in pharmacies. I won't recommend one, as that constitutes medical advice but I would recommend speaking to the pharmacist. Is it just your arm pits sweating or your whole body?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GerPen2015

Miike wrote: »
    There are strong antiperspirants you can get in pharmacies. I won't recommend one, as that constitutes medical advice but I would recommend speaking to the pharmacist. Is it just your arm pits sweating or your whole body?

I don't use any deoderants or anti perspirants and haven't done in over 10 years I just do not think they do any good whatsoever, its never been a sweaty pits or smelly pits issue its just a sweating issue in general , I know everyone sweats but I seem to be way worse than everyone , I could be in a restaurant , or on a plane or even in a que for something and could just get all clamy and sweaty. I am going to speak to the doctor , I was just wondering if any food , drinks anything like that which I should be avoiding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭listermint

GerPen2015 wrote: »
    Isn't thyroid something that develops in later life? , Albeit I am 35 now but I can rememeber having this problem since teens

No it's not can occur earlier. Speak to a doctor get checked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

listermint wrote: »
    No it's not can occur earlier. Speak to a doctor get checked.

Yeah, it can occur anytime in life though is more common from 30'3/40's on and in women.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

I have the same issue - I start to sweat like an animal on the minimalist effort - I think it got worse during or after I left the army.

I am 188cm tall - around 95 kg - had the sweating issue already when I was thinner.

I was at the GP and he told me change of hormones - nothing to be done - only option would be plastic surgery ( I assume for removing some of the sweating glands which is nonsense in my eyes)

Did a full blood test ~2 years ago for something else - nothing on that side afaik.

Advertisement