Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung phone camera not focusing

Options
  • 20-01-2020 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a Samsung Galaxy A40 a few months ago as an upgrade. It was all working fine until about 2 weeks ago I noticed I couldn't get the camera to focus. I searched online and found info that said try updating all apps and clearing caches, so did that but but still all pictures are blurry and the camera won't focus, it has also affected Snapchat and other photo taking apps. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Camera modules can fail, need to take it up with the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Could well be a problem alright, but had an S8 a while back that had a similar problem. Didn't use the camera at all really, but whenever i needed it, the camera couldn't focus at all even though was fine for the first year I had it.

Giving the phone a good oul shake was the fix believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

emalou wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got a Samsung Galaxy A40 a few months ago as an upgrade. It was all working fine until about 2 weeks ago I noticed I couldn't get the camera to focus. I searched online and found info that said try updating all apps and clearing caches, so did that but but still all pictures are blurry and the camera won't focus, it has also affected Snapchat and other photo taking apps. Any ideas?

Did you ever get this sorted? Mine has being like this since the June Update. The wide Angle and Front camera are fine but the normal one wont focus at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

Did you ever get this sorted? Mine has being like this since the June Update. The wide Angle and Front camera are fine but the normal one wont focus at all.

Have you got sorted with this? The exact same has happened mine. I have cleared the cache and data and that has made no difference.

donnem33 wrote: »
    Have you got sorted with this? The exact same has happened mine. I have cleared the cache and data and that has made no difference.

No, I’ve tried everything the Internet had to offer on the subject but nothing has worked for me. I was hoping the latest software update might of sorted it but it didn’t.

This was the latest video I tried during the weekend. One of the solutions might work for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malypPFwmz0&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

No, I’ve tried everything the Internet had to offer on the subject but nothing has worked for me. I was hoping the latest software update might of sorted it but it didn’t.

This was the latest video I tried during the weekend. One of the solutions might work for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malypPFwmz0&feature=youtu.be

Thanks - unfortunately that has made no difference. Frustrating, as before the update my camera was perfect

donnem33 wrote: »
    Thanks - unfortunately that has made no difference. Frustrating, as before the update my camera was perfect

Yeah it’s a disaster. It was the June Update that did it for me. Seems to be a common problem with Android updates.

Advertisement