Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-01-2020, 09:45   #16
cuculainn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The high horse brigade View Post
Yes, I set mine to the parcel Wizard address and I had a sterling Revolut card as my default payment method. Don't worry Rasheef in Mombai doesn't know or care where Ireland is, they just change you to UK without questions.
Hi THHB,

just in relation to that, how do you set up the revolut card as sterling by default?
I am looking to renew a fire unlimited subscription and teh payment method is coming up as incorrect. i use a revolut card but it has rep of ireland address and this seems to be the problem.

is there anyway to get amazon to accept ROI cards for payments for UK based services?

thanks in advance
Advertisement
09-01-2020, 09:51   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuculainn View Post
Hi THHB,

just in relation to that, how do you set up the revolut card as sterling by default?
I am looking to renew a fire unlimited subscription and teh payment method is coming up as incorrect. i use a revolut card but it has rep of ireland address and this seems to be the problem.

is there anyway to get amazon to accept ROI cards for payments for UK based services?

thanks in advance
A Revolut card is a sterling card no matter what address you use when you sign up for Revolut. Amazon have no way of seeing your Revolut address only that it's a prepaid sterling debit card. You need to set a UK delivery address and Revolut as default in Amazon then contact Amazon chat to ask them set you as a UK prime account, they may ask you for your UK postcode that is all
09-01-2020, 10:07   #18
cuculainn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The high horse brigade View Post
A Revolut card is a sterling card no matter what address you use when you sign up for Revolut. Amazon have no way of seeing your Revolut address only that it's a prepaid sterling debit card. You need to set a UK delivery address and Revolut as default in Amazon then contact Amazon chat to ask them set you as a UK prime account, they may ask you for your UK postcode that is all

hey THHB,

its funny cause i have actually done that for the firestick that i purchased, so to get all the access i got customer service to change location to Uk,
but still it says the payment method is not valid even though it is a revolut card set as default.

Even if i try to buy or rent a movie on the firestick it states it is not a valid payment method and to update.

Maybe i need to get on to customer service again

Update
Just checked my account and the address on the revolut card was ROI as default so i changed that to Parcel motel. Hopefully that works

further update

That did not work

Last edited by cuculainn; 09-01-2020 at 10:28.
09-01-2020, 10:14   #19
Irish Guitarist

I went on Amazon chat and asked them to change my location. The person I talked to said another department is going to email me. I thought it seemed a bit odd.
09-01-2020, 11:11   #20

Only Amazon support can fix it. Get on to them again
Advertisement
10-01-2020, 23:02   #21
brady12

Iv the same issues . Did all the things with the Revolut , using parcel motel address . Have VPN on aswel . Won’t stream on on the amazon prime tv app. Says error 5505 . Contacted chat and they changed my settings to uk but didn’t work .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion