Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Repair of Volvo car key

Options
  • 02-01-2019 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Dropped my spare car key fob and it cracked open. I put it back together but now it wont work, have tried changing the battery but no luck.

Does anyone know if these can be repaired or do I have to buy a new one? If can be repaired would appreciate recommendations in Dublin West / City center.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Do you mean that the car doesn't start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

johnayo wrote: »
    Do you mean that the car doesn't start?

I cant unlock the alarm with it to get into the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

i had an issue with my key fob, wouldnt lock the car.
    i went to autokey newlands cross, they refurbed the old key fob.
    had to wait an hour but they did a good job

xalot wrote: »
    I cant unlock the alarm with it to get into the car.
    But does the car start?

johnayo wrote: »
    But does the car start?

I actually havent tried it. The car is parked in a public place all day so the alarm needs to be on. Luckily I have a second key but we do need two keys as one of us picks up the kids and off does drop offs.

Thanks Chancer007 will give them a call, do you remember the rough cost?

• Advertisement

xalot wrote: »
    I actually havent tried it. The car is parked in a public place all day so the alarm needs to be on. Luckily I have a second key but we do need two keys as one of us picks up the kids and off does drop offs.

Thanks Chancer007 will give them a call, do you remember the rough cost?
    I'm asking about the vehicle starting because on some keys, the immobiliser chip can fall out if key comes apart.
    I'm not from Dublin but in Cork, Keyfast would be able to sort it. Maybe they are in Dublin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

i think it was approx €80
    the key fob wouldnt unlock the doors but the car started so immobiliser was ok.
    give them a call..

Just updating to say that Autokey, Newlands Cross sorted me out in 15 mins and only cost 60. They were very friendly and couldn't have been more efficient.

Advertisement