Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auto key

• 26-12-2018 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Anyone used them before? Lost my only car key (3 button audi flip key) charging 280 euro for a locksmith to callout to me and replace the key on the spot with an "oem key"

Expensive but I'd assume audi will charge a lot more and Id have to somehow get the car to them...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Dunno about Audi, maybe you can give them a chassis number to order a new key. I paid 300 euro for a 3 button Toyota key in August. Called them out to the airport at 5pm on a Friday too.

If you do get them out, ask how much they will charge for a second key. It might be worth your while getting a spare. I paid an extra 70 for a spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

€280 isn't bad for that including callout. Audi will be more than that foe supply and code of the key and you'll have to get the car to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

May as well consider getting a spare key too
    They might do a deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,703 ✭✭✭corks finest

jordanfaf wrote: »
    Anyone used them before? Lost my only car key (3 button audi flip key) charging 280 euro for a locksmith to callout to me and replace the key on the spot with an "oem key"

Expensive but I'd assume audi will charge a lot more and Id have to somehow get the car to them...
    Anyone used who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Anyone used who?

Auto Key.

Clue’s in the title?

• Advertisement

jordanfaf wrote: »

A good locksmith should do,guy in cork ,tramore road ,Morgan,does it( head of the Munster locksmiths)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭shane b

I used them to get a spare for my last car and found them good. I had a key for them to copy though. My wife has a 151 corrolla with only 1 key, I rang auto key and Toyota for for a price and Toyota were actually a good bit cheaper surprisingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

A good locksmith should do,guy in cork ,tramore road ,Morgan,does it( head of the Munster locksmiths)

Who do you recommend in Cork? I need to get 1 and maybe 2 new blades for my Seat fob, blade going wonkey and last time it did that, it snapped in ignition!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

A locksmith can do they key, but can they do the rolling imobilizer code as well which is needed to start most cars?

Skatedude wrote: »

A locksmith can do they key, but can they do the rolling imobilizer code as well which is needed to start most cars?
    This guy can,but obviously depends on the type of car

• Advertisement

bs2014 wrote: »

Who do you recommend in Cork? I need to get 1 and maybe 2 new blades for my Seat fob, blade going wonkey and last time it did that, it snapped in ignition!:(
    Also a place in Blackpool s.c ,got a key 2 yrs ago for my old honda insight ( Japanese import) polish guy,not the fob but an ignition key,and a spare open / close key, think it was reasonable enough, AFAIK under e100

Advertisement