Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car rental

Options
  • 06-04-2018 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Good morning folks

I have a car reserved in Galway for Sunday and i am starting to question something, i have booked the car in my bfs name he has a full irish licence and i don't drive at all, thing is i have it paid with my card, i have the paid the excess reduction but i am wondering because its in his name and my card will there be a problem? the people i am hiring from have a bit of a reputation for being a bit :eek: at the last minute when hiring cars? Anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The rental crowd will know. Best to ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

Some of the companies have an extra charge if its not the drivers card as above ask or check terms and conditions

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The majority of places won't allow a booking if the card name is different from the driver. Those who do allow it sometimes request two cards and a high deposit amount. You need to ask them in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Ass ing there is no cancellation charge, Best to cancel your reservation and get him to book.

With the cheaper renters, If you turn up at a desk and they can say there's anything wrong and it's extra, it will be

Advertisement