Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving a northern reg van in Ireland

• 17-11-2015 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I went on a little trip to the south of Ireland from the north. When I was coming back home I got pulled over by the guards, he said I was in the wrong lane approaching the roundabout and when I indicated left I cut in to sharp. It was a wet and cold miserable day I didn't register the gardia car. He asked Me to produce my documents within 10 days and I will hear no more about it. I am insured and tax but my mot had just run out but I had an appointment booked, it has passed now. I'm just wondering if I produce my new mot cert what will happen if he realizes I hadn't got a valid mot cert on the day??

Iv already taken my License, insurance and tax I just have to call back with my marriage cert as my License has my maiden name to prove its my insurance. I didn't show my mot yet and its 1 week on tomorrow..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

While the absence of insurance would be problem, I wouldn't say that new MOT cert will be a problem.

But typically somebody will be on shortly to advocate ignoring the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrsmelb1986

When I went in to produce they didn't ask me for mot and I didn't mention it either... When I go back with marriage cert should I show them the confirmation of mot appointment and the new cert or just leave it?!

What can they really do considering I live in the north?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

You weren't asked to produce MOT so you don't need to produce it.

Why don't you carry your licence (as is required by law) and insurance with you and save yourself this kind of bother??? It beggars belief the amount of people driving around and their license lying at home. If Gardai/police started dishing out on the spot fines for not having your licence with you when driving then people wouldn't be so casual about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrsmelb1986

You weren't asked to produce MOT so you don't need to produce it.

Why don't you carry your licence (as is required by law) and insurance with you and save yourself this kind of bother??? It beggars belief the amount of people driving around and their license lying at home. If Gardai/police started dishing out on the spot fines for not having your licence with you when driving then people wouldn't be so casual about it.

Thank you. I did have my licence and I showed him I also had my insurance when I mentioned this he would not accept them. He still asked me to produce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Thank you. I did have my licence and I showed him I also had my insurance when I mentioned this he would not accept them. He still asked me to produce

That is BS. If you produced them to him then why would he want you to produce them at a station? That's pure awkwardness on his part. Technically you have produced and I personally wouldn't produce anything. If he did manage to Sunmons me after that then I would happily tell the judge I showed my licence and insurance in the roadside and there is absolutely no obligation in law for you to produce it a second time unless you didn't have something with you on the roadside.

• Advertisement
Advertisement