Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheels straightened but...

Options
  • 02-02-2014 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

My 2002 323F 2.0 Sport has OEM Mazda 17s from the Mazda 6. I got them on Done Deal but they needed refurbishment. I gave them to a local refurbisher and he said he straightened them and refinished them. Nevertheless, there was a lot of vibration and they wouldn't hold air.

I brought them to a local tyre centre for a diagnosis but they carried on and piled weights on weights to balance them and sealed them with sealer. I fitted them to the car and jacked the car up. I ran it in 1st and can confirm that there are very visible warps in both front wheels.

Suffice to say I'm not sure if the wheels are as good as they're going to get or if the refurbisher just had bad day.

Should I expect wheels to be straightened to (near) perfection?

Should I expect them to seal without excessive amounts of sealer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Not going to go into a long story of how much frustration and money I put into trying to fix the disks on my corolla when I bought it.
    But to cut it short, I bought new disks with new tyres after spending 1/3 of what I could have used to buy the new disks straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not DIY, moved out to main forum.

Advertisement