Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Records

Options
  • 10-08-2011 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Just something I remembered about my (deceased) mum but no-one else in the family seems to know that she had a particular operation many years ago. Is it possible to find out if its true or not? Don't know where it was, might possibly have been the Richmond Hospital Dublin but can't be sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rhapsody

Hi Jellybaby1, I dont know anything about the Richmond Hospital- is it still in operation? I just looked this up for the Mater Hospital in Dublin as I have a deceased family member who was treated there & I'd like to get the records if I can. It looks possible for the Mater anyway:
    http://www.mater.ie/patients/access-to-info/records-of-deceased/

Maybe you could look up the Richmond Hospital website & see if they have a similar set-up. Otherwise you could maybe see if you could get records from your mother's GP, there would surely be references to a hospital stay there.

Good luck in your searching!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

The Richmond, Whitworth and Hardwicke (St. Laurences’s) Hospitals amalgamated and moved out to Beaumont Hospital - I think during the 1980s

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks rhapsody, and Shane. Mum's doctor at the time would be long since dead and I don't know who that would have been. May have a go with Beaumont. Thanks for the suggestions.

Advertisement