Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just to share my joy...

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

OSI wrote: »
    Haha. That sounds good. But when you've got a 600 mile round trip to make on highways and interstates that are infested with highway cops, it doesn't happen that often. I didn't even make it out of the airport grounds before a cop flagged be down and warned me to "take it easy man"

I would have shouted "I promise nothing!" whilst leaving a massive number 11. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Was over there just last week, its really strange when you see a 190bhp Celica and you know its the slowest car on on the road :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

This thread needs more photos like the first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

I thought the op was driving a hearse before I looked at the pic,... undertaking is legal over here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Oh my............

Oh my oh my.

Jealous doesn't describe me right now OP. Enjoy her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Here is what I was driving over the weekend!

Most rental companies supply the bog-standard 3.7L V6 Mustang - I just had to have the 5.0 GT V8 , 420 horses of pure American muscle and what a glorious sound!

Two quick points;

1. American muscle cars don't handle nearly as bad as their reputation would lead you to believe (Well this one didn't anyway) - I took it down the Pacific Coast Road which is full of twists and turns and narrow bends. I also took it for a blast along Mullholland Drive and I have absolutely no complaints when it comes to the handling. - Straight line power when overtaking on the Interstate is where it shines though, it's like a sledge hammer ... cruising at 65mph, bury the pedal and it pushes you into the seat and you'll be seeing 140mph in no time :D

2. Surprisingly fuel efficient for what us Europeans like to think of as a "Gas Guzzler" :rolleyes: - I covered 820miles and my average combined consumption was 17.3 US-MPG - This translates to 13.5 L / 100KM or 20.77 UK MPG
    Not bad for a 5.0 V8 which I was driving rather "enthusiastically" :D

Heck, my RX-8 was worse on fuel and had half the Power & Torque! (but the road tax was reasonable so that made things sooo much better :p)

Anyway here you go ...

x53g.JPG

ele4.JPG

x2m8.jpg

Advertisement