Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Value and opinion on 09 Ford Focus titanium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Rare to get a titanium with cruise control. I'd do a double check on its history to be sure as the majority had a 3 spoke wheel.

Otherwise, I'd be expecting to get a few quid off. It's a ice spec and that's the better diesel option. Make sure theres no nasty noises from the DMF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,432 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think it's a UK import, I'd run a HPI check prior to buying it. Price might be a bit expensive, I'd think close to €10k would be more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Carator

Rare to get a titanium with cruise control. I'd do a double check on its history to be sure as the majority had a 3 spoke wheel.

Otherwise, I'd be expecting to get a few quid off. It's a ice spec and that's the better diesel option. Make sure theres no nasty noises from the DMF.

Thanks Muppetcheck, when I rang the last day he said it was a UK import. What would you reckon would be a reasonable price for it?

Carator wrote: »
    Thanks Muppetcheck, when I rang the last day he said it was a UK import. What would you reckon would be a reasonable price for it?

If there's no dodgy reason for the 4 spoke wheel I think it's worth a road ten ish. Price up an equivalent from the UK to see what you could bring it in for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I bought off that dealer. All their cars (well vast majority) are imports. Very nice to deal with, they do give some room for haggling. Excellent after service too. That is a tad high in price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

In the uk, 09 zetecs seem to have 3 spoke wheel and titanium have 4 spoke.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    In the uk, 09 zetecs seem to have 3 spoke wheel and titanium have 4 spoke.

Possibly after the Ghia went they might have. You had to get a 4 spoke if you wanted cruise which the Ghia had so they might have had it standard on the last of the titaniums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

But sure, for the cruise control, even if rear, won't you need the 4 spoke wheel for the controls to fit into.

But sure, for the cruise control, even if rear, won't you need the 4 spoke wheel for the controls to fit into.

You do on a mark 2 focus unless you go fitting some aftermarket stalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

The price should have some wriggle room built into it to allow for a trade in.

I would imagine you would buy the car in a straight deal for €10500-10750. That would seem about right to me for that car from a reputable dealer.

Yes you can probably buy one cheaper from some lad in a car park off Donedeal but that's not exactly comparing like with like....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sam22

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=E9783F1C889EDDD163BAB3A98BF87AA7.eccvas510 if you can get the reg number of the car type it into etis and it will give you the full spec for this car, first date of reg, chassis no, engine number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It is a UK import, Titanium was only available as a 3 door here back in 2009.

Advertisement