Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Theory test sample?

Options
  • 20-02-2002 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Does any know where I can bet a sample theory test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/transport/motoring/driver_theory_test.html

It doesn't have a sample, but it has some info :)
    I have mine on 6th of march. Gonna be a joke, due to my masive experience :D:D There's a book you can get, with every possible question and answer in it. Takes one night to read through. Most parts are ridiculously easy anyway. The signs might be difficult if you've never driven before, but some of the other questions...:rolleyes: for example.:

Q: You have been driving all day and feel slightly drowsy while driving down the motorway. What should you do?

a. Ignore it and continue on your journey.

b. Pull over, stop the car and take a short rest, maybe go for a walk.

c. Close your eyes for brief periods to catch up on your sleep.

ROFL. I didn't cop the fact that they meant 'while driving along' for answer c :D Basically for every question, you go for the answer that's either glaringly obvious, like above, or opt for the super-safe one. Easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

go for the answer that's either glaringly obvious

lol good advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Well Well Well :)

Its a loaded question....
    You cant pull over on a MOTORWAY (remember motorway rules) unless it is an emergency....

Ans C: "I think I'll just pull over here and go for snooze on this busy 70MPH motorway....shure I'll be safe while big heavy vehicles pass 2 foot away from me with enough energy and momentum to make a 3-bed semi disappear" !

OR

Ans B: "I think I will just go for a jolly walk on this lovely, fine Motorway......'HOLY SH!T! THAT WAS CLOSE' BBBBBBEEEEEEEEEPPPP! 'Fluck off! I am walkin here'"
    (you get the picture)

Hehe..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Easons sell a handy-dandy CD aswell, which has the same tests on it. It's about 10 punts, if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I got my provisional well before any theory test existed and have since acquired a full licence. Looking at a lot of the questions in a book my sister has borrowed from a friend to practice for her theory test I noticed that a lot of the questions are purely common sense, some require some detailed knowledge of the rules of the road and there are a lot more that are just plain stupid some of which don't really have a 100% correct answer.

Good luck in the test BTW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks very much.

Is it the same test for a Mororbike? Over 125 cc licence?

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

The test's a bit of a joke IMO if you have any experience/cop on, there are about 10 questions in the book that I didn't already know the answer to, oh and the hand signals. It does the job, means people who really have no idea what they're doing can't get a provisional license.

The theory part of the real test is actually much harder to answer because they go into a lot more detail, but it's not very important, they aren't allowed to fail you on the theory alone, even if you get it all wrong, as long as you drive perfectly while out on the road. When I was doing the test the examiner gave me hints for two of the answers to the theory questions, and basically told me another answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I had my drivers licience before the theory test came into play. I decided to go for the C licience and went for the test. The H.G.V. part has slightly more difficult questions, but to anyone who has driven it really is still cop-on.

If you want a challenge try asking someone the sign questions without showing them the sign.

Example.
    What does the sign shown mean?
    a: continue straight ahead.
    b: left turn only
    c: right turn only

the answer is

a:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

my brother picked up a copy of the acutal program they use in the testing centers, not sure if i still have it though, i'll hav a look l8r. but i have done the test and it is simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

mmm, got my provisonal before this theory was around but let it expire, now do i gotta take a theory test? Or can i still skip, just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

afaik u have to do it, happened to a friend of mine, he had a moped, and when he went to apply for a car license he ended up having to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

mmm, got my provisonal before this theory was around but let it expire, now do i gotta take a theory test? Or can i still skip, just wondering.

Afaik you're ok, I think the theory test is only necessary for applying for your first provisional in a car, you can get that provisional license renewed without doing the theory test.
    afaik u have to do it, happened to a friend of mine, he had a moped, and when he went to apply for a car license he ended up having to do it.

Unless the moped provisional license covered cars as well he'd still have to do the theory test because it's his first provisional license in a car, his situation is slightly different to Gideon's.

Advertisement