Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boot lock switch

Options
  • 31-12-2018 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, this is coming from somebody who doesn't know much about cars, so decided to ask the experts here. Had the car serviced (07 Skoda Octavia, saloon, 5 door), was some trouble with the boot that the mechanism to open the boot had to be removed (this can be blamed on my Dad who previously owned the car and only got a temp fix on it).

Looking at buying a replacement part, so saw this from a place close enough: https://www.gerlancarparts.ie/Skoda/Octavia/549_Skoda-Octavia-2011-Diesel/2_Rear_End_Parts/281_Tailgate-Boot-Lock-Switch/

Are these things relatively generic? Or is it just worth driving in to see if it fits and get the lad there to look at it? From the one that was in our car, there was no serial number on it (that I could see), hence why I'm unsure if I have to look for the exact same model before buying the device.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s from an estate, they may not be the same as the hatchback, though I’d imagine they’re a common part. I’d be pricing a new one for comparison.

This part appears to be the micro switch over the number plate rather than the lock itself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That’s from an estate, they may not be the same as the hatchback, though I’d imagine they’re a common part. I’d be pricing a new one for comparison.

This part appears to be the micro switch over the number plate rather than the lock itself though.

Finding a new one has been hard, but will keep looking. Yeah it's the button thing you press to open it, mechanic had it down as boot lock and switch

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does it need a lock too?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Does it need a lock too?

I don't think so, that was working fine the whole time

Advertisement